Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on my FJ when I purchased it is this bar welded to the front of the roof rack.

I've been told this is a light mount. Since I already have it there I was interested in mounting lights to it and running the wires for it down through the door panel with the xm radio wire.

Can someone help me break down what I would need to purchase to get this to work, is this light bar of any use?

Thank you for your help

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
It doesn't look welded on.

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
PM sent.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I would just use the light bar in the pic wire the two outside light 2gether and the two inside 2gether run the wires down the side like in the video and use a high low switch, a switch with three positions or order the trd fog light botton that mounts either next to the searing wheel or under the radio u should have a few blank plugs to choose from

I have been off roading for a long time and have done some crazy mods on my trucks but this is also my first fj so im still playing with alot of the toys and goodies it comes with stock

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
My mistake then, as you can see I am a newbie to this type of thing. Does that change anything?
No. You were saying "welded" so I was just pointing out to me, from the pics, it doesn't look welded on. I would offer up some advice, but I've never done a light bar before. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Im actualy a master welder I just plan on making my own roof rack and bumper

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts