Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All

I have my check engine light on. I think it is because I just rolled 30,000 and it want me to change Trans/Diff fluids. I did that a long time ago. How do I use the ScanGage to reset my check engine light? When press the Scan button, it doesn't return any codes.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
Hey All

I have my check engine light on. I think it is because I just rolled 30,000 and it want me to change Trans/Diff fluids. I did that a long time ago. How do I use the Scangauge to reset my check engine light? When press the Scan button, it doesn't return any codes.
The Check Engine Light (CEL) does not come on for maintenance issues. If a service is due, a "Service" light comes on. Are you sure its a CEL (red) warning light, and not a Service Required Soon (yellow) light you have on ?

Also, the Scangauge will clear generic CEL codes, but may not clear certain manufacturer-specific codes. If it is the CEL light that is on, and the Scangauge can't locate a code, have a mechanic with a professional scanner check for vehicle-specific codes....

·
Registered
570 Posts
The "oil change reminder" is not the result of a code being set; to reset it, make sure your trip meter is on odometer (ODO), turn the key off, hold the trip meter reset button in, turn the key on (while holding the trip meter button) and the odometer will "cycle" through a pattern and then the reminder will be reset for another 5K miles.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The "oil change reminder" is not the result of a code being set; to reset it, make sure your trip meter is on odometer (ODO), turn the key off, hold the trip meter reset button in, turn the key on (while holding the trip meter button) and the odometer will "cycle" through a pattern and then the reminder will be reset for another 5K miles.
Thanks Steve. the fix me up :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts