Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help Connecting iDataLink Maestro RR & T01 wiring harness to FJ Cruiser

The instructions show 4 connections from the Maestro wiring harness to the Vehicle Wiring Harness but I can only find 3 in my 2007 FJ.

There were 3 plugs plus the antenna plugged into the back of the Factory Head Unit so where is the 4th plug. My FJ has steering wheel controls and the subwoofer.

Really would appreciate it if someone could help me figure out what I'm not seeing.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey Glenn with two Ns, glad you figured it out, I may be giving up on my DIY head unit swap w/Maestro - their documentation is pretty bad and previous aftermarket install is hard to follow as they manually spliced into some harnesses. I have a local shop that is pretty cheap so now I may as well have them add a sub enclosure. BTW my Dad is also Glenn with two Ns named after Glenn Miller:).

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Glenn with two Ns, glad you figured it out, I may be giving up on my DIY head unit swap w/Maestro - their documentation is pretty bad and previous aftermarket install is hard to follow as they manually spliced into some harnesses. I have a local shop that is pretty cheap so now I may as well have them add a sub enclosure. BTW my Dad is also Glenn with two Ns named after Glenn Miller:).
I'm really not happy with the Maestro RR, especially for the cost. In the end, the only feature it provided was the steering wheels control but their are much less expensive solutions for that. I can see the Maestro RR integrator more capabilities to a head unit in a later model vehicle but not a 2007 FJ.

BTW, I ended up installing the a Kenwood DMX7706S and SiriusXM SXV300v1. I'll probably replace the Maestro RR/T01 since as states, its overkill for the 2007 FJ. I also spent hours trying to get the fit right. There are really no good in-dash mounting kits.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I'm really not happy with the Maestro RR, especially for the cost. In the end, the only feature it provided was the steering wheels control but their are much less expensive solutions for that. I can see the Maestro RR integrator more capabilities to a head unit in a later model vehicle but not a 2007 FJ.

BTW, I ended up installing the a Kenwood DMX7706S and SiriusXM SXV300v1. I'll probably replace the Maestro RR/T01 since as states, its overkill for the 2007 FJ. I also spent hours trying to get the fit right. There are really no good in-dash mounting kits.
Yeah the Metra steering kit foir ~$20 would probably be the way to go for an 07, I have a 2012 and figured the Maestro could be worth it. That Kenwood unit is priced nice, I am used to Pioneer and wanted wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto so I went with a used AVIC-W8400NEX on ebay for $300.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah the Metra steering kit foir ~$20 would probably be the way to go for an 07, I have a 2012 and figured the Maestro could be worth it. That Kenwood unit is priced nice, I am used to Pioneer and wanted wireless Apple CarPlay and Android Auto so I went with a used AVIC-W8400NEX on ebay for $300.
That makes more sense! No sense in spending almost $200 on the Maestro RR and T01 if all I'm really getting from it is steering wheel controls. I'm also not really happy with the Kenwood as the user interface is not great and I could really us a second USB.

·
Registered
31 Posts

Glenn, you only need the Maestro SW module for steering wheel controls. The RR is more robust and allows for vehicle data to be read from your HU.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts