Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had measure the height of my 07 RWD FJ and the height is about 6cm lower than the original height which is 183cm.
Because I bought this FJ about two years ago. I think it didn't change the shocks so I start looking for new shocks and coil spring and I found BILSTEIN 5100 was recommended by some people.
I found a eBay seller is selling "BILSTEIN 24-239370/33-187174 FRONT/REAR 5100 SHOCKS" this set of shocks they also have coil springs can go with this set.
And I want 1.75" lift for front and 1.5" lift for rear.
Just wondering does anyone know it fit to my car or not.
Or other suggestion.
Thanks.

Ren

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Those are the correct bilstein shocks for an 07 FJ Cruiser.

The front shocks can be adjusted for 0-2.5" lift.

You will need new coil springs or spacers for the rear to get 1.5" lift.

If your springs are already sagging, then I would get new coil springs instead of spacers.

Where are you located

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
I would get new springs all around. Since you don't have a winch bumper, the stock front spring rates should be fine or any around 550-600 lbs/in. Rear springs typically come in 2" or 3" lift. I liked the Toytec Superflex for the 2" rear lift springs. Icon and OME are also good options for springs. The only rear lift springs less than 2" is the Sway A Way 1.5" rear springs

If you're using an international broker to buy the parts in the US and ship them to you, then you can get what ever you want, otherwise you will have limited options shipping to Taiwan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I got mind from Down South Motorsports. They have great customer service and a better price too.

https://downsouthmotorsports.com/i-...tml#!year=2007||make=TOYOTA||model=FJ CRUISER
I would get new springs all around. Since you don't have a winch bumper, the stock front spring rates should be fine or any around 550-600 lbs/in. Rear springs typically come in 2" or 3" lift. I liked the Toytec Superflex for the 2" rear lift springs. Icon and OME are also good options for springs. The only rear lift springs less than 2" is the Sway A Way 1.5" rear springs

If you're using an international broker to buy the parts in the US and ship them to you, then you can get what ever you want, otherwise you will have limited options shipping to Taiwan
The reason why I chose 1.75" and 1.5" lift is because in Taiwan there is a very stupid law for vehicle modification.
I can only lift less than 2" height according to FJ's original height.
The seller offer me the kit with the front complete bolt-in strut assembly(1.75" lift) and rear shocks 1.5" lift height coils for $820.00.
Compare to Taiwan or Japan the price is quite a good deal.
Not sure in the US.
Thank you so much.:rocker:

Ren

·
Desert Moderator
7,703 Posts
The reason why I chose 1.75" and 1.5" lift is because in Taiwan there is a very stupid law for vehicle modification.
I can only lift less than 2" height according to FJ's original height.
The seller offer me the kit with the front complete bolt-in strut assembly(1.75" lift) and rear shocks 1.5" lift height coils for $820.00.
Compare to Taiwan or Japan the price is quite a good deal.
Not sure in the US.
Thank you so much.:rocker:

Ren
Check some Australian stores as well.
- ARB (OME/Old Man Emu) ARB 4×4 Accessories | Old Man Emu 4x4 Suspension - ARB 4x4 Accessories
- Ironman 4x4 Suspension & Accessories - Ironman 4x4
- TJM TJM XGS 4x4 Suspension | TJM Australia | 4x4 Accessories

The Ironman FCP is fully adustable, and so are some of the OME setups. Also they tend to be cheaper than some of the European or US brands.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts