Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is right when she says I need adult supervision. I foolishly proceeded in removing a few suicidal bugs from my windshield this evening. I used water and a soft "Non Scratching" kitchen scotch brite pad.

I didn't rub hard and it did remove the bugs - but - after the windshield was dry i noticed a group of fine scratches in an area about 1 x 3 inches where I removed one of the bugs.

They are very fine and are noticable when the sun is shining through the window at just the right angle. They are small - like angel hair - and can't be felt with my finger or fingernail. It seems as if they are just scratches in a coating and not the glass, I'm not sure.

Is there a way to fix these "fine as frogs hair" scatches whether they are in a coating or in the glass? I tried toothpaste but am afraid to try anything more powerful. Could an auto glass company repair it?

Please help! My wife says that I may be celibate forever if I don't find a solution!

Thanks in advance!!

MudSlide

·
Premium Member
8,355 Posts
I think there's such thing as a glass polish at your hardware store.......and I think you need to use a buffer with it...........?

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
I would think anyone of the guys with the signs "rock chips fixed for $10" in the shopping centers can easily fix that for you.....for $10.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I think you couldn't rub hard enough in your lifetime with various grit$ of diamond polish to fix your boo boo. Buy the misses a new windshield or wait till it cracks via a freeway stone... take her attention off of it with some new GPS or something, or buy her a membership to Rico Suave Camping Club or the like and put the membership sticker over the scratches.

·
Registered
635 Posts
next time just use a Dobie. They also make a bug and tar product.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts