Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased my 2012 FJ automatic last month, I would like to understand the procedure to setup and successfully flat tow the FJ, yes I know the manual says not to. I have researched time and time again , this forum and others, and some say it can be done and some say no way. Based on what I have read, I am willing to take the chance if I can hear from someone that has done exactly what I have described, anyone?

Thanks,

RW

I Have a V-8!! Moderator
There have been several people who have towed both automatics and manuals behind a motor home since back about 10 years ago. Here are some links to threads about it. There are disconnects made for being able to tow and some have done it by removing their driveshaft and stuff. The info is there, you just have to look a bit.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum - Search Results for tow fj with motorhome fj cruiser

Registered
I flat tow my 2010 FJ 4x4 auto behind my 2000 Beaver Marquis Amethyst with transfer case in neutral; gear shift in park ;key on first position before start so steering doesn't lock up. You need to run power from coach to FJ to keep battery happy. Done 10,000 miles so far with no problems.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts