Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a brand new 2010 TT that I can get for a slightly reduced price or I can get a new 2011 for a little more. I know it's personal preference but any insight from you veterans on which I should go with and why???? Help please!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
9,003 Posts
You really just need to look at the equipment for each and decide which one fits your needs the best. The 10 an 11 are similar, but the 11 added a few things. Are the things added on the 11, something you want?

·
Registered
77 Posts
depends on a lot of things i guess...what color is the 2011...options...the 2011 has very minor options upgraded to it that the 2010s didnt have. I bought a 2010 about 7 months ago. I guess the added options they put on the 2011 wouldnt make me trade mine in..thats for sure. Its all in preference I guess in my eyes. How much price difference is there in the two?

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Go for the 2011. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. But you did ask for a veterans opinion and I'm a superstar :lol: Does that matter?

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Go for the 2011. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it. But you did ask for a veterans opinion and I'm a superstar :lol: Does that matter?
LMAO! That was good. Everything else has been said above. Sooooo, whad ya get and where are the pictures?

·
Registered
535 Posts
the added stuff on the 2011 would be nice to have but not that big of a deal.
I want to know how much is the difference in price between the 10 and 11. If the 10 is quite a bit lower I would go for the 10 all the way. I have not heard about a new engine,trans, rear, or lift so why spend more money than you really need to.

Another thing I should ask is. The 10 is a TT, is the 11 a TT also?

D

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I guess Superstar opinions are valid too.:lol:

The difference is almost a couple thousand dollars. For me, buying a car is like buying a tv...you don't know the difference between the two unless they are sitting right next to each other.

I'm looking at the 2010 TT with an MSRP of just over $34k vs an Iceberg 2011 with nearly every option. I'll eventually switch out the stereo so I don't care about that.

I'm just having a hard time...and looking for opinions that will sway me one way or another. Either way, I win.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
maybe the edge would go to White but the sandstorm TT seems to be less popular...and I tend to like something that others don't have. So, it's a flip of the coin really.

·
Registered
655 Posts
Toyota didn't change anything worth mentioning in 2011, so they're practically the same.

The TT's are fully equipped... And a 2010 should have better interest rate.

Go with the one you like more and don't look back. Either way you're getting a heck of a truck.

:cheers:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Toyota didn't change anything worth mentioning in 2011, so they're practically the same.

The TT's are fully equipped... And a 2010 should have better interest rate.

Go with the one you like more and don't look back. Either way you're getting a heck of a truck.

:cheers:
That's kind of what I was thinking about the whole thing. I think I'll go with the better price and ultimately the payment. Color isn't a big deal and I can't find enough difference in the options to warrant more money. I'll see what the dealer says tomorrow morning with final numbers.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
It wouldn't take much to turn the Iceberg into a one of a kind 2011 pseudo TT. Just basically buy the TT blackout parts. (Bezel, wings, Tundra handles and TT mirrors).....Voila. A one off.

On the other hand I do love the 2010 TT wheels....lol

But then again I am just another Superstar......lmao

·
Registered
47 Posts
Philo:

If you really plan on swapping out the stereo system, be advised that the 2011s all have Bluetooth-enabled hands-free phone systems built into the stereos. This means there are phone controls built into the steering wheel.

I don't know if an aftermarket system w/Bluetooth can be hooked up to the steering wheel controls. And, of course, you may not care, either!

Anyway--I own an 11 and the steering wheel issue was something I thought of when I read your post about changing out the stereo...

·
Registered
175 Posts
I found a brand new 2010 TT that I can get for a slightly reduced price or I can get a new 2011 for a little more. I know it's personal preference but any insight from you veterans on which I should go with and why???? Help please!!!!!!

My advise: go with the color scheme you like better. I was planning on trading my 2010 TT for a 2011 TT until I saw pics of the 2011. It's just too dark - something isn't right about it. I decided to keep my 2010. I like the blacked out / Sand color a lot. Sort of like the old WWII desert vehicles that the nazi's had in northern africa.

And don't listen to anyone who says the 2010 wheels are bad. the wheels are "less tolerant" of bad tires, but with good tires, they are smooth as silk. I think Toyota quit using those wheels because the tolerances of tires that work and/or BFGoodrich made a bad batch of tires. My dealer replaced my BF Goodrich AT KO tires with Nitto Terra Grapplers and my 2010 TT rides like a Cadillac. 2010 will probably be the only model with that style of TRD wheels and fake bead locks. They look excellent.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
I say go with the 2011, it's newer, and you're not paying for the TT stuff...

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
for those who didn't read the thread completely, ^^^, it's a 2010 TT sandstorm or a 2011 base iceberg. The 2010 is a fully loaded, NO owner. The 2011 is basically fully loaded, no owner. The 2010 TT is roughly $2k less.

I would say the color should be a very important deciding factor. But, personally, if the color options don't matter to you, I'd go with the 2010. It's cheaper and a special edition.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts