Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey FJ Fans, I am in the market for an FJ Cruiser and my max that I can spend in 17k I’m days away from buying a 2007 FJ Cruiser including the TRD package with 158k miles for 16k. The only problem is I only hear bad things about 07 FJs and I do not know what to think! My main concern is that the transmission will go bad and thousands of dollars that I will not have will be needed to fix it. Is all that true about the 07 models? In addition, I’m also looking at a 2008 with just a lift and a few options with 120k for 15.5k. It’s a nice car, but I love the voodoo blue and the TRD extras on the 2007. What do you all think about my situation? Do they really have issues and what kind of expenses should I expect buying a high mileage FJ? And pictures are below, thanks!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
11,063 Posts
G'day,
I am pretty sure the VB in 07 was never actually an OE TRD.
Could be wrong.....but do some research......
It might be a previous owner "created " his own TRD...
Cheers
Baz
:blueblob:

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
33,503 Posts
Reactions: Thorn661

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I thought that the TRD was black in 07? I have an 07, and absolutely love it. Check the engine and underneath it for leaks and make sure the maintenance history is good. Also, some of the problems you may be hearing about has to do with the owner's lack of maintenance, or ignorance on their part. Some people can wreck anything, even a Toyota. Good luck in your quest!

Sent from my NiPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
2007 in VooDoo Blue did not have a TRD package (at least not that I have ever read about). If you are paying extra for the TRD sticker on the rear window....dont.

The transmissions are a concern on every Toyota that has the so called "lifetime sealed" transmission. Whether it is an '07 or '12 if the transmission has 150K+ miles on it and no record of replacing or flushing the transmission fluid during the entire ownership, then you are on borrowed time and it will most likely need a $5K+ transmission replacement in its 'nearer' future.

·
Admin
7,515 Posts
Looks like it may have a TRD exhaust.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can someone review the discretion of 2007 voodoo blue FJ and telll me if it’s worth the extra 2k (is a TRD lift kit a thing?!):
This one is loaded with 4x4, 4.0L DOHC v6, automatic, black out trim kit, cold dual, keykess entry, HD Neopreem style seats, Pro Comp 17 inch alloys with good set of Goodyear Kevlar Wrangler MT/Rs LT 285-70-r17 all terrains, roof rack, Optima Battery, Full factory vinal floor with factory carpet mats, full side rock rails, rear tire with cover, brush guard, receiver tow hitch, TRD exhaust, TRD lift kit, TRD cold air intake, locker limited slip diff, premium am/fm/cd, tilt/cruise, power mirrors, full power, day time running lights and much more!”

·
2011 トヨタ NSSE
12,311 Posts
This is a 2007 TRD, not that VooDoo you're drooling over with a bunch of TRD parts & stickers on it. Buy the Blue if that's what you want, it's your money. But IMHO that "brush guard" and spare cover belong in the trash. :lol:

Personally I'd go newer year, with less miles, for less $. You can add what you want later. Good Luck with whatever you choose! :cheers:

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/vehicles-sale/689721-sale-loaded-2007-trd-special-edition.html

TRD for 2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Auto News Feature - Motor Trend

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser TRD Special Edition Review - Four Wheeler Magazine

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
There is no Voodoo blue TRD..the seller is either clueless or lying. If the shocks are black Tokiko shocks, then they are standard OEM shocks. If they are silver and blue and labelled 'Toyota/Bilstein', then they are a trail team shock. I think the 07 TRD shocks were red but can't remember.

There is no TRD lift that I'm aware of for the FJs.

Sent from my NiPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts