Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I was looking to paint my bezel today and ran into a little problem. I bought my FJ from the dealership with the aux lights and brush guard installed. Now I'm having trouble removing these so I can paint my bezel.

So on the guard, I removed the 4 bolts from the inside of the hood that connected to attachment plates. now remains the hex sockets that mount to the bottom of the bumper parallel with the ground. How am I supposed to remove these? I know its a 10 metric hex.. however, I cannot seem to get any sort of hex key that close. Also, if I remove the hex, is there an underlying bolt that will fall out underneath?

Also, after I remove that, how are the OEM aux lights plugged in? It looks like a few wires connect to the light with a rubber grommet; do I just tug on the wires until it pops out?

Thanks for the clarification!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
Not sure about the OEM lights, on the brush guard. I can't remember how I got those hex bolts out it was a while ago. I do remember they where a pain in the @$$, but the nut they screw into is fixed to the bracket so it will not fall down.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not sure about the OEM lights, on the brush guard. I can't remember how I got those hex bolts out it was a while ago. I do remember they where a pain in the @$$, but the nut they screw into is fixed to the bracket so it will not fall down.
That's great news! Now I just need to figure out how to get them out.. maybe a really long hex key?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts