Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help ASAP! My wife's 2010 FJ seems to have a short in the ABS circuit (not sure where yet) and I'm preparing for the worst; a replacement of the whole pump/master/ecu assembly. To make matters worse, I can't locate the part for a 2010 on eBay or anywhere else online including salvage sites. There's no way I can afford dealer retail for it (~$1800), so I need to know if the 2007 assembly will work?

Thanks much!
-Ryan

I've got a 97 FZJ80 Land Cruiser with OME 2.5in and a 2010 FJ Cruiser.

·
Banned
9,079 Posts
While I don't know for sure. I would assume no because the engine is different the ECU would need more/different inputs thus I would assume that the ABS ECU even if it is technically the same, would have different pin outs to work with the other new/different electronics.

A quick way to check for sure though is compare the part numbers between years. Check RockAuto, dealer websites or call them. ;)

Also if you have a "short in the ABS circuit and don't know where" I'd check the wheel speed sensors first. Those get messed up quite often when people lift and tug on the wiring too hard.

·
Admin
8,455 Posts
If it's undriveable (not sure what symptoms it's causing) yank the 30amp fuse for the time being. It's in the panel by the battery.

If it wasn't for a-trac... I could live my life without that fuse being in.
:cheers:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great News!

Found out that the Master Cylinder Solenoid was fried. Toyota wants over $1000 just for the computer. I found the whole assembly through car-part.com for 400 off a rollover with less miles than mine. My mechanic is doing the labor for $250. I read other people's discussions about the same issue, and people were getting quoted over $3000 for parts and labor!

·
Premium Member
2,160 Posts
Help!!! Is the 2007 FJ Brake Pump/Master Cylinder/ECU interchangeable with th...

Great news you got it taking care of.
I am also interested to know what caused it to go bad

Cheers

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
2,266 Posts
Good news! I was reading the thread and I was ready to say go to carpart.com LOL You can find almost anything here at this website. :cheers:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts