Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ready to blackout my front bezel, back and front bumper, mirrors, and handles. Also looking to install the above the dash gauge cluster and a pionner a/v head unit. I am not too familiar with this type of work, so I was wondering if anyone in either Sarasota or Gainesville (I live in Sarasota, go to school in Gainesville) would like to help, I would pay you, if they have previously done work on their FJ. Would like to see pics of your build before please.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Just chiming in here. The handles cost me $50 shipped and they look great! I too was a little afraid to do some of this stuff (haven't blacked out yet), but after looking at the forum with al of this information including pictures, t was very easy. Just make sure you have the tools (mainly metric sockets an stuff).
Good luck.

This is where I got the handles from:
Chris Lavery
Parts Manager
LaFontaine Toyota Hyundai Kia Suzuki Scion
e-Mail: [email protected]
Office: 313-561-6600 ext 245
Fax: 313-562-7046

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks I found some handles on a website where I will be ordering other parts, but I am still afraid to tamper with my side mirrors because of having to remove the door panel which I don't trust myself with so I'm still looking for help if anyone would like to! :clap:

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Don't let the work intimidate you. Just take your time, and go slow. Really the worst thing you'll do is bust up the clips that hold the door panel on, they're cheaply replaced.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
I it makes you feel more confident, they sell a door removal tool at advance auto parts. Haven't used it yet, but i will if I ever do my mirrors.
Good luck!

·
Registered
77 Posts
No Balls No Glory !!!!

Not meaning to be mean but have faith and take your time and you will be really surprized when it turns out great and you done it by yourself:)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
From what I've heard, it is really easy. I removed the door panels to instal my new door speakers and it was a breeze.

GO GATORS!!!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the confidence boosters, when all this rain in FL passes I'm going to attempt it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts