Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While taking my dads Cruiser for a spin off road, I managed to dent the front passenger side fender. Woops...

My dad is telling me it needs body work, which is a $700 job at minimum to pop it out at a body shop.

I managed to find a replacement fender online: http://www.carparts.com/details/Toy...07toyotafjcruiser20072008replacementt220171q1

If I were to buy this, Could i have it repainted the same "Voodoo Blue" as the rest of the truck? I'm worried that it might not match correctly.

Any suggestions? I have a few pictures for reference.

Thanks guys!

Chance

Attachments

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
you could buy that replacement fender and get it painted but if the do a "good job" then it most likely be pretty close to the price of just having the body shop get it out.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Bring it to one of those
'paintless' dent places (dent wizard, etc.) - they should be able to pop it out pretty cheaply.

·
Premium Member
3,394 Posts
Damm kids always screwing up dads stuff, not closing the doors or putting my tools back where they go. I bet you brought it back without any gas too. Mud on the floor matts, finger prints on the glass, condom packages in the back and the right rear tire has an 1/4 inch less rubber than the other three and probably asked to run it through his insurance.

Just kidding bro welcome to the site. I would just pay the $700 and be done with it and have a guarantee from the shop.

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,939 Posts
You can have it repainted, BUT theyll need to blend it with the other panels, and then buff it all out smooth.

Plus you'll want a good fender. Not sure if there are OEM ones or not but you dont want something that isnt going to line up right. Take it in somewhere and let the pros handle it.

if the paint isnt cracked and there isnt really a crease there is a slim PDR chance for it

1 - 9 of 9 Posts