Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Short term fuel trim is 0. Even while reving up to about 3k.
Just cleaned the injectors, all are spraying good. And all are getting power. When the engine is being turned over.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Is the o2 sensor / air fuel reading looks like there at 0 is short term fuel always 0

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Is the o2 sensor / air fuel reading looks like there at 0 is short term fuel always 0
Yes short term stayed at 0. Even when driving. At idle long term was 22.7. Get rpm to about 2500 and LTB1 would drop to 9.something. and stay there. LTB2 would flash to 0 then go up to 18.something. but while driving about 35 or so. This is what it read. I dropped it off at the shop tonight, because I really need to get it on the road as im leaving for engine run school on the 21st hopefully its fixed by then.

·
Registered
117 Posts
This will trip code but try this if it's still running like sht you need to unplug 2 o2 sensors and 2 air fuel that are in your exhaust near cats leave unplugged go for a drive with all 4 unhooked truck will default to open loop so your air fuel /O2 sensor will not affect fuel trim ... start here if it runs better right away there is your problem PS looks like your af sensors are dead check wires for power make sure there connection is good no reading is no good honestly its probably better to drive with them unplugged then how they are now TRY UNPLUGGING THEM TAKE ANOTHER scan reading

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
This will trip code but try this if it's still running like sht you need to unplug 2 o2 sensors and 2 air fuel that are in your exhaust near cats leave unplugged go for a drive with all 4 unhooked truck will default to open loop so your air fuel /O2 sensor will not affect fuel trim ... start here if it runs better right away there is your problem PS looks like your af sensors are dead check wires for power make sure there connection is good no reading is no good honestly its probably better to drive with them unplugged then how they are now TRY UNPLUGGING THEM TAKE ANOTHER scan reading
A little late. Already dropped it off at the shop so they can start on it tomorrow. I was getting a voltage reading on all 4 sensors while driving in a different menu, unfortunately I didn't screen shot that. While I was driving.
Then it started acting up, it was raining and I had just gone through some water on the road about a quarter mile from where it died pretty much, There was enough crossing the road that it sprayed up in front to where I couldn't see anything. Could this water have damaged them. I just think of something hot then cold water hits it and causes damage. But then again I've done some pretty good water crossings also that I'm glad I got good door seals

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Small update. Shop called. Said I needed 3 coil packs and an O2 sensor. So went and got the parts. Changed them in the lot. NO CHANGE. Also no charge for the Diagnosis. Helps when the owner is like a brother. So it still sits at the shop.
Before I took it to the shop I was able to spray fuel through a vacuum hole in the intake before the throttle body with a spray bottle and the motor would level out. The shop said they would do a compression test first thing in the morning. I did a compression test with a harbor freight tester. With the check valve on the guage and not on the tip.
Read 150 for 1 and 2
128 for 6
And 123 for 3,4 and 5.
I also know my Guage is ****.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
SOLVED. there was a yellow wire that was pulled off the PCM. I couldn't tell you what one. But it apparently sends a signal to the ejector and coil pack to fire. They said all the other wires checked out but it wasn't getting a signal ground. Popped the wire back in it clicked and solved the issue. Cost me $100.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts