Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 8 months ago I would intermittently get an engine fault plus all of the traction icons lit up. There are no fault codes that point to anything specific,once reset it might not come back for a week or two. I'm wondering if anyone out there has experienced this problem.

·
Registered
7,979 Posts
I have an emissions leak somewhere in the back after an exhaust leak melted some tubes. Still a slight leak.
It turns on lots of lights occasionally. Yes traction control lights.
Same with a gas cap leak.
But no codes?

·
Premium Member
3,362 Posts
x2 check your gas cap seal first.

Traction lights with no codes, in my experience, was a failing brake light switch. I found out when I backed up to a reflective surface at night and the lights only came on some of the times I pressed the pedal. Since it was occasional, that explained why the christmas tree lights came and went.

Here's a link to a thread with the part number:

...and a link to the shop manual for how to replace the switch:

Luckily the switch is very inexpensive and replacing it takes only a minute.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have an emissions leak somewhere in the back after an exhaust leak melted some tubes. Still a slight leak.
It turns on lots of lights occasionally. Yes traction control lights.
Same with a gas cap leak.
But no codes?
Thank you, I did have an exhaust leak, I will check it out

·
Registered
96 Posts
I too experienced that glitch replacing the brake switch resolved this issue.

·
Registered
5,673 Posts
Check your gas cap seal. I have replaced a couple of caps over the 15 years i`ve had my 2007 :)

·
Registered
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser
113 Posts
About 8 months ago I would intermittently get an engine fault plus all of the traction icons lit up. There are no fault codes that point to anything specific,once reset it might not come back for a week or two. I'm wondering if anyone out there has experienced this problem.
Yes I have. Mine is throwing the codes for the oxygen sensors. Check engine and traction stuff is lighting up too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts