Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in Canada can suck sometimes. Especially when people ignore cleaning off the roofs of their vehicles, after an icy day speed pass you in the opposite direction and the 2 inch thick sheet of ice flies off and hits your beloved FJ, and the person continues to drive away.
I found a windshield place to replace that. But now I am left in a predicament where to acquire these other items. I know one is called a headlight, obviously, and one the bug shield. But what the heck are and where do I search for the other missing pieces??
(My insurance won't cover because I'll never find the person who did it and I only had plpd on it, which will be changed to full coverage asap)

·
A-Team Moderator
8,716 Posts
We got ya, no worries. Glad that you're okay!

Grille, headlight/turn signal combo at www.PUREFJCruiser.com or www.Amazon.ca

filler to bumper panel part # 52513-35100-E0

Here's a list of all the required items for the windshield.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Parts are replaced you not .Glad you not hurt or any others. Wish you have a camera recording on car and have person pay for his behavior. It's a karma will got back soon. Be safe and keep distance from people with out respect from others.

·
Registered
9 Posts
That really sucks! I drive a lot on highways here and I see that happen all the time. A sheet of ice peels off the top of a trailer and I'm trying to make sure I get out of the way without side swiping someone else.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I’m really surprised you’re insurance won’t cover it under you’re uninsured motorist policy. But either way as mentioned before, at least you’re okay. And most of that seems easy enough to repair, just costly. Definitely make sure the glass shop is familiar with FJ Cruisers. And that they have new cowl clips, as they’re not reusable. The top trim can be tricky too. Other than that should all be easy to repair/replace.

·
A-Team Moderator
8,716 Posts
Love these, awesome bulbs! Easy install, remove rubber boot by pulling straight back, pinch the clip and fold it down, remove and replace bulb by lining it up and replace clip and boot. DON'T touch the glass! Oil from your hands is bad for it. https://www.amazon.com/SYLVANIA-SilverStar-Performance-Headlight-Contains/dp/B005KDO9C2/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=sylvania+zxe+9003&qid=1579061376&sr=8-4

The grille and headlight is an easy replacement with a flat and Phillips screwdrivers and I believe a 10mm socket. The filler to bumper panel just snaps into place.

AdjustingHeadlights-PhilipScrewDriver-1.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
by the way, a family friend insurance agent taught me: never only carry PLPD, always include comprehensive coverage, which takes care of acts of nature and glass (stones into windshield, branch from tree, deer across road, etc.). It is pretty cheap and covers everything other than other motorists and your own driving (which collision covers, but costs the most).

:)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey everyone, thank you so much! Got the windshield fixed this morning by someone who said they have replaced a few FJs in his time. So now I can get full coverage on my insurance. They wouldn't change it for me in case I tried to swindle them with the windshield.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts