Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought my 2007 FJ about a year ago and I noticed that my passenger side front tire is starting to wear unevenly, with further investigation, the tire looks like it is leaning in on the top side resulting in a negative camber and killing my tire prematurely. I took the wheel off but found nothing wrong, bent or broken and I don't have any road noise either. Any suggestion of what I can do to fix this issue?

Attachments

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
^^^ Yep, a bent spindle is sometimes not that obvious to spot...

If you are not seeing anything bent, then you need an alignment, it is the only way to get it corrected...

If your only noticing a lean now, then there is one of a few things that could be happening, or a combination of them...

Someone ran into something with that side, or someone ran into it for you, bending the suspension/mount/frame inward...

Your suspension took a hard hit, bump, jump, or such, and knocked the alignment out by forcing the adjustment centrics to rotate...

or...

The adjustment centrics are loose on that side, and you to tighten them back up and get an alignment...

On and of those above, the adjustment centrics being in the position causing the negitive camber could be the end result... get a shop to look at it...

·
Registered
8,957 Posts
Over the last year since you got your Fj, have you done any suspension mods ?..

Also, you could post some pictures of the tire leaning, wear, and the alignment centrics (2 ea side if the Fj) at the inside edge of the lower control arms...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts