Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I went to the dealership today looking at a '07 FJ TRD the sticker price was 30k the dealer said she'd take another thousand off off the bat... I ended up test driving and such and then I told 'em I need time to reflect on it... any suggestions? Should I go through with it? Is it worth the 29k? It has some small scratches on it and things...especially on the back plastic running board thingie...
Any help would be appreciated.
Thank you
-Emil

·
Registered
613 Posts
It's used? The used SUV market sucks rocks right now and you should be able to get a better deal. You should be able to talk them WAAAAY down. I paid less than that for my brand new Trail Teams FJ (which is the same package as the TRD only with white paint). The TRD model was manufactured about 2 years ago.

I've seen a few for sale on this board for the $26,000 range.

·
Registered
851 Posts
yeah, seems high to me even for a brand new 2007. Way too high for a used 2007. Check book prices and look around on Autotrader, etc.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yeah WAAAAYYY to high. I wouldn't do more than 23 myself. But that is just me. I get what I want at the price I want it. If I dont I wait till I can. For that price you can buy a NEW 08 and probably get close to a the TT edition. So I wouldn't listen to any of the crap they are saying. If they dropped a thousand like that they have a LOT farther they can go. Figure they probably only have about 19 into it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
I just looked at KBB retail price for a 2007 TRD with automatic and 20,000 miles and suggested retail value is $29,350. So I suppose the dealers asking price is not waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy high as everyone is saying. Yeah, SUV's are not selling right now because of gas prices but the TRD model stickers around $32k.

That being said, you should be able to get it down a couple thousand from their asking price. Good luck and enjoy it if you get it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just bought a 2007 TRD three days ago. They were originally asking 27K. After two weeks of going back and forth I got it for 23K. I think I got a pretty good deal. Its only got 11500miles and is in almost new condition. I would suggest checking the website of the local dealer. I found my truck with three different advertised prices. Also ask how long ago it was traded in. If it was recent look at kbb.com under used trade in value. That will be pretty close to what they gave for it. I started 1k lower than that price and went from there. Good Luck. Its worth it I love it.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Dude, I got my brand new 07 in March (non TRD) for 25,800 out the door.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I just looked at KBB retail price for a 2007 TRD with automatic and 20,000 miles and suggested retail value is $29,350. So I suppose the dealers asking price is not waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy high as everyone is saying. Yeah, SUV's are not selling right now because of gas prices but the TRD model stickers around $32k.

That being said, you should be able to get it down a couple thousand from their asking price. Good luck and enjoy it if you get it.
Sounds about right to me as well. Remember only 3,200 have black tops!
With any more then "normal" use scratches (no off road pin strips), I would ask for an extra $1000 off that.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Remember only 3,200 have black tops!
3,200, plus all the owners with Black Diamond (available in both 07,08 and probably 09) who painted their tops to match..........or will do so in the future..... :rawr:

By the way AZ SE, someone on the forum has a TRD that has been for sale and is listed for just $22,000.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts