Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to remove the stock subwoofer on my 2014 FJ completely. I have searched everywhere I can think of including this site and have not found a definitive answer, what I found was mostly about the earlier FJs but the later like mine has a different set up. Once the box is removed and unplugged from both power plugs the sound system does not work. I am assuming the later units has the amp build in the box. If this is correct is there a workaround for it without putting a large amount of money? I don't use the radio when I drive except but would need the speakers for the hands free phone system.. I apologize if I missed the post and this was answered..
Thanks

·
Registered
516 Posts
you can take the amp out of subwoofer - thread below has some info

·
Registered
2 Posts
I would like to remove the stock subwoofer on my 2014 FJ completely. I have searched everywhere I can think of including this site and have not found a definitive answer, what I found was mostly about the earlier FJs but the later like mine has a different set up. Once the box is removed and unplugged from both power plugs the sound system does not work. I am assuming the later units has the amp build in the box. If this is correct is there a workaround for it without putting a large amount of money? I don't use the radio when I drive except but would need the speakers for the hands free phone system.. I apologize if I missed the post and this was answered..
Thanks
yes do you still have sub ?
I have a 2013 with no sub I would give you all panels that i would not need after I install sub.
how much are you asking for sub and amp ?
Thank you

·
11,911 Posts
yes do you still have sub ?
I have a 2013 with no sub I would give you all panels that i would not need after I install sub.
how much are you asking for sub and amp ?
Thank you
They have not been here for 4 months. Click or hover over any username and that info will be displayed. Send a PM/Start Conversation and it'll forward via email.

tenor.gif

1 - 5 of 5 Posts