Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I've installed PIAA 525's on my front bumper and have everything working using the PIAA switch using an add-a-fuse tap to the headlight lo beam for the PIAA lamp LED bling and an add-a-fuse tap to the Aux 12V to power the switch in the cabin.

I want to replace the PIAA switch with Toyota fog and offroad lamp switches. What's the best way to rewire things to use these?

I'd like it so that when the headlights (lo or hi) are on the Offroad switch is powered. When I engage that switch it will turn on the fog/driving lights depending on what position the fog switch is as well. I only want the driving lights on when the high beams are on. Is there any reason to have the ability to turn the lights on/off when the headlights aren't on? I'm open to suggestions.

Can I just tear apart the PIAA one and rewire that to the switches or is there a better way? Should I try to use the existing offroad or aux fuse/relay? I want to do this right the first time.

In the future I plan on mounting backup and non-driving lights to the roof and don't want to have to rewire things if I don't have to.

I have the Offroad Lamp Switch [PT297-35072-LS], wiring harness [PT297-35070-SH] and the Fog Lamp Switch [84160-04010] and housing connector.

Thanks,
Michael

·
Registered
231 Posts
no one?

I am considering the
too...
but - I'd rather have a stock looking configuration on the switches...

Has anyone done this - or know how to do it?

More info on these can be found here:
525 SMR Dual Lamp H4 Ion/Clear Halogen Lamp Kit

Thanks!

·
Banned
9,090 Posts
Yeah I got some 510s and they came with that oval push button switch (I assume yours has the same) which doesn't really go with anything.

I plan to change it also but haven't dove into looing at it yet.

I quickly reviewed the schematic that came with the lights and it looks like there are 3 wires going to the switch. 2 should be for the circuit and the 3rd should be for the switches little led light, I'm guessing. Just not sure exactly what's what yet.

·
Premium Member
794 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Yeah, uhhhm...

Also... The 525's are dual beam

They have a driving beam, and also a fog beam...

So the PIAA setup isn't just on and off, there is also a beam selector

(they also have s blue glow when the parking lights are on too)

I wonder if you could just get two switches...

Hmmm.... :confused:

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts