Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
im getting staticky noie and crackling from just one speaker, i have an avic f series with a rockford amp, on boston acoustics, its well grounded and good quality rca and havr been routed away from power cables, iv tried searching and cant find the answer, thank u in advance

by the way it does it all the time, but usually after 10 mins after car has been running sometimes/ from the very beggining, and other not at all. instill i turn the car on and off.

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Try connecting the speaker wire to another output on your amp. If it doesn’t clear up, run temporary wire to the speaker; did it clear the static? Make sure your connections are good. If you have another speaker with the same Ohms, connect that speaker, did it clear the static? I hope this helps!

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im sorry im not to good at this, so I switched the chanels on the rca from the right which is making static to the left, and now the left one makes it, could it be the hu or amp, what should i try next, thanks guys.

·
Premium Member
7,734 Posts
well if it's swapping from one speaker to the other when switched I would say yes it's probably your head unit. you have obviously ruled out the speaker or wiring to it so next in line would be the HU?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i did it at the amp on behind the hu, im thinking its the h those avic f series have had alot of problems,

1 - 7 of 7 Posts