Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the Toytec OME 3'' Suspension lift and I am dealing with some super funky, awfully loud creaks and pops! Mostly when I back up or when I turn coming out of my driveway. Driving straight down the road is no problem. Rides like a dream, but while driving slowly I am having problems. All bolts appear to be tight, Ive only had time to do a quick visual inspection as I am currently sitting at work on this Sunday morning:mecry: Anybody have any ideas or similar issues to this? :thinkerg:

·
Registered
482 Posts
I have the same problem when I pull out onto a road or what not. I've heard that it may be actually from over-tightening maybe the swaybar link in the rear or an over-tightened bolt somewhere. I'm going to have to check mine out cause it sounds like a cricket on roids, super annoying.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think Im going to make sure the springs are seated properly first, and if they are I may have to swing by my local 4wheelparts and have a "professional" take a look at my suspension. :thinkerg: I would rather not pay anybody to solve my issue but if I gotta... :boohoo:

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Check your sway bar, did you grease they bushings?

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No, not recently. It sounds more like a creeeek....POP!! I dont believe it to be the sway bar bushings but who knows? Im gonna check it all out when I get outta work in 4.5 hours. :mecry::boohoo::mecry::boohoo:

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
Sorry for your issues, you don't by chance have the All Pro ultimate sway bar links, cause if you do you might check them. Mine were very noisy, had to grease them often, will say they never made a popping noise.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I had a loud snap crackle pop noise at low speeds when i started, stopped, or turned, and it turned out to be the shocks. Check your shock bolts and make sure they aren't maxed out on the threads, you might need to throw some more washers under that bolt so the shocks aren't lose...thats what I did and it fixed it right up...

my other noise is a squeek which i still have, but thats my upper control arms from rough country, so you shouldn't have that problem..

hope you figure it out, because i know how annoying these noises can be...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Its definately your spacers on top your struts if there metal lube them if there ruber they can also produce this kind of noise too. check if there instaled properly or have moved out of position. ether way I think your problem lies here.

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I do have the metal spacers from Toytec, and that would make allot of sense. THANKS!! 1HR til' Im off of work and then its fix the rig time! :clap:

·
Registered
219 Posts
I do have the metal spacers from Toytec, and that would make allot of sense. THANKS!! 1HR til' Im off of work and then its fix the rig time! :clap:
chirp chirp

What happened??

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went to Toyota, turns out it was my STILL UNDER WARRANTY :clap: passenger side LCA rear cam bolt causing me all of this grief! I had my alignment done there and the tech installed a shim on this particular bolt and did not properly tighten it down all the way. Hence when I turned the wheels or backed up or moved forward or went over a curb or speed bump I would endure excruciating pain in my ears. :lol: Problem solved, thanks for the input. PS-it was definately not my spacers on the struts!:lol:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts