Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
I bet it would look great! Look at how many different vehicles that have added the stipes and IMO it has made them look better... I would have vinyl installed...If it dosen't look right...you can peel it off..Ha Ha...and it won't set you back on the $$$

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
They are called Ralley Stripes. You may want to try a search using that. I'd like to see the final results, should look good.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok first thing in the morning the TWIN STRIPES or the WIDE ONE WITH THE THIN TAPE SHAPED PN BOTH SIDES . I'll photoshopit first
haha .........

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have them on my 06 Mustang very easy to put on just run the blue painters tape up the middle. Take your time working the air out.

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
My daughter had those on a chevy truck she had and she got pulled over all the time, she peeled them off and NEVER got stopped by the cops again.
Good luck.

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
I would be very interested in seeing what a pair of Rally stripes would look like on the FJ....

Good Luck!

:bigthumb:

·
Registered
197 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
I've always heard them called racing stripes? Is this incorrect?

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Rally Strips, rally Racing strips, or just racing strips, it all depnds on what era or part of the country your from... Old hillbillies will tel you" You got tracks on yur hood"
Im not fond of them on anything other than older muscle cars and retro, bring back newer cars... IMO. I have painted them on everything from Hondas to Cadilacs for customers, and that may be some of why I dont think they will look right...
But As I was rasied.. Its your FJ and You have different visions of what looks good and doesnt look good!
So go for it! I would do vinyl just incase....:wave:

·
Registered
368 Posts
Take a look at the Mini Cooper site for some more ideas on stripes.

I'll never knock any one's idea because I have my own likes. The thing that strikes my eye in the picture is the relationship of the stripe to the wiper blades and cowling vents. Even though the stripes appear to be straight and spaced out proportionally, It's just too busy at the cowl. The offset of the wipers and how the stripes fall off center of the cowl vents give it a un-true look.

Good luck with it. I'll be interested in results.

·
Registered
545 Posts

·
Premium Member
480 Posts
I love the look of racing/rally/Le Mans/Go fast stripes on race cars, muscle cars, and some exotics, and it has to be done correctly or it ruins the look.

I also like the look of the single solid stripe on some vehicles...1996 C4 Corvette Grand Sport comes to mind

Other than that, they should not be utilized.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Saw a really sharp looking Green Mini Cooper with the white hood and white racing stripes on the hood, and it really had me contemplating for awhile on how cool it would look if I did the same on my Army Green FJC.

I say go for it. Do it with Vinyl, as others have mentioned. If you get bored with it and do not like it then remove.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,125 Posts
Wonder if you'd get tan lines after removal. :lol:
YES!
Depending on how long they are on there and if its always out in the weather, sun or garaged... Black and white will be the only 2 colors that wont show paint fade as bad.. Reds, blues and silver, I have peeled stickers off or grafix and you can clearly see where they were! the paint is 2 distinct color differences// Any thing under the grafix will be darker. all other exposed will be slightly faded

·
Registered
202 Posts
I like it. I am also waiting for someone with a black FJ to do the A-team stripe.

FYI:
Rally stripes= +5hp
Racing stripes=+11hp (thats why the cost so much)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts