Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know I do not want a 07 & or 08 year model due to fender problems! Are the 09s FIXED!? If not discard the "09" year & questions...
What are the H.P. of each year > "09"??, "10"???, "11" = 260 hp.
Does "09" have (A-TRAC) = 4x4 Traction Control, not street trac.-contol.
Does "09" have (Locking Rear Differential)?
Please list any & all (even the smallest change & or upgrade) of differents between the differant years starting with "09", ect.

I can almost smell my FJC & it's going to taste Good! lol...:lol:

GREAT FJC FORUM !!

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
I don't know if anyone has a list but if you go to the link below, you can compare each year. If nobody has a list maybe you can be the one that makes a list.

"http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/fj-cruiser/" (copy and paste. if linked, it takes you to some other page)

I have an '08 and it never has had fender problems. Most will come with a Locking Rear Differential. I have a 4x2 and mine came with it. Otherwise just install one aftermarket. I believe the A-TRAC is on all 4x4 just some are set up and others just have the wiring, which you can set up yourself.

I do know that a money pit is standard. :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,631 Posts
Removed due to stupidity.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
It's not so much the year of the FJ as it is how a used FJ was treated and maintained (the same as any used car). There is a value to buying one with things bolted on it that you may want over a new FJ - but you get the joy of doing what's done to it yourself with a new one.

A lot of it has to do with the money you have available.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
MRHVAC replies:

Senor Buckwheat...Edmunds.com was very helpful, Thanks Again!!

FJNewb...It seems like I've read over 300+ postings & have yet to find one that is a "2010" & or "2011" model with fender problems, maybe I just have not come across it yet? If you could refer me to posting I would be very interested in reading?

uphill...some of these postings of Bent & Cracked engine bays/inter fender walls whatever, are from people that said they did very little/easy offroading & still have problems? & if frame & fenders have been strengthened & repaired in "2010" &or "2011" I believe the year is very important!
PS: I did not mention it because money is not an issue but, buyers remorse is a big deal! & flexing frames, bent & ripped inter fenders, etc. & having your...I mean my FJC being completely dismantled to try & fix & or repair (lol) does not cut it with me! Thanks for your advice! I do like the idea of creating my own image of a Killer FJC!!

FJC-4x4...your link was a Big Help. It seemed like you had the two FJC's sitting right next to each other? I got those little changes that you don't read in a test review. Big Thanks Again!!!

Athena...your links were also a Big Help. It was a lot easier to read the exact postings that you supplied then to read a bunch of un-useful stuff searching for what I needed to know! Thanks Again!!

O.K.: I think I have Thanked everybody. Now I am looking for the very littlest to largest changes between "2010" & "2011" FJC? I might just have to go to the dealership myself & figure that out? unless there's a posting I will search now for any?
Seeyalater..:wave:..Mr. Heating, Ventilating, & Air Conditioning.

·
Registered
655 Posts
FJC-4x4...your link was a Big Help. It seemed like you had the two FJC's sitting right next to each other? I got those little changes that you don't read in a test review. Big Thanks Again!!!
No, those are from Toyota's own (technical) documents I found here and on other forums...

Those for 2011 should pop up soon...

:cheers:

·
Registered
838 Posts
Think you will be safe with anything starting with 20

1 - 10 of 10 Posts