Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Kicker Key 200.4 inline amp/audio processor and I can really use some advice for my install.

First of all I'm not a huge fan of wiring electrical though I have done some in the past. I'm planning on wiring this amp inline with the factory wiring but I'm a bit concerned about how to approach it because of the way the channels are wired in the FJ. What I want to do is enable bi-amp on the receiver and allow my front speakers and tweeters to work as a component setup. The condenser speakers will just be running off of the deck.

Is bi-amping even possible? I only see the F1-channel and F2-channel wiring directly behind the dash so where should I tap into the factory harness so I can access to all of the speakers... if that even makes any sense. Any better ideas of how do this correctly... am I making this more complicated than it has to be?

Anyone in the Hermosa Beach - South Bay Los Angeles area want to help me out? I can provide all you can drink during installation.

2013 Fj Cruiser 6spk NON-JBL stereo
HU - Auto Pumpkin Android
DASH - Jl Audio C2-350x 3.5-Inch 2 Way Speakers
DOOR - Kicker 46CSC654 CS Series 6-1/2" 2-way car speakers
AMP - Kicker 47KEY2004 50W x 4 Car Amplifier w/ DSP (not yet installed)

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm looking at the same amp for my 2008, but I have the rear speakers to run.

The front dash speakers and door speakers are wired together, so you will need to run wire to them separately. From the factory head unit you will want to take the front channel into the amp. The roof speakers run off of the rear channel so you'd leave those alone. I've attached the speaker wiring diagram, it's a little confusing but the wires run off the page to the right and connect to the next page on the left. Page 2 has the front speaker connections and Page 3 shows the roof speakers. The front speakers are in the connector with the power, ground, etc. The rear are on their own plug.

On the amp you can turn fader off with bi-amp on and you should only need the input from the front speakers.
If you need me to elaborate or explain something a little better let me know.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm looking at the same amp for my 2008, but I have the rear speakers to run.

The front dash speakers and door speakers are wired together, so you will need to run wire to them separately. From the factory head unit you will want to take the front channel into the amp. The roof speakers run off of the rear channel so you'd leave those alone. I've attached the speaker wiring diagram, it's a little confusing but the wires run off the page to the right and connect to the next page on the left. Page 2 has the front speaker connections and Page 3 shows the roof speakers. The front speakers are in the connector with the power, ground, etc. The rear are on their own plug.

On the amp you can turn fader off with bi-amp on and you should only need the input from the front speakers.
If you need me to elaborate or explain something a little better let me know.
Thanks Masakai

That makes perfect sense. I was hoping I wouldn't have to run speaker wire but I guess it's not too bad since it's just for the two woofers. I might have a question or two once I'm there 😀.

What's your plan for the amp are you going to use the bi-amp mode as well?

Thanks Again!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts