Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a high school student who has recently bought an FJ. I also just put on new goodyear wrangler tires and they are rubbing, because the tires that came on it were old and worn . The wranglers were a pickup off of facebook marketplace. I know there is a leveling or some type of lift kit on it by supreme suspensions but I don't know what size it is or how much bigger I need to go. Please don't roast me this is my first car and I'm still trying to learn more about it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LT315/70R17, I also have 2" spacers by Bora to reduce rub but i still think i need more of a lift. And I know spacers are frowned upon but financially that was my best option at the time. They were professionally installed on the bright side.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
From my cursory search, it seems 315 guys are running a 3inch lift.

You can read through some of these detailed threads, before you splurge down suspension money. I am sure all, with more knowledge than me, will come along and post more helpful info. Here are some reading in the meantime:

·
Premium Member
7,830 Posts
As far as I know, Bora only sells WHEEL spacers which are perfectly acceptable as many of us use wheel spacers. The issue most people have is with LIFT spacers. Adding wheel spacers actually increases tire rubbing on the body mount. So if your tires fit before, I would consider taking them off.

I remember my dad let me drive his FJ to H.S. It was so awesome! Now I own it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
From my cursory search, it seems 315 guys are running a 3inch lift.

You can read through some of these detailed threads, before you splurge down suspension money. I am sure all, with more knowledge than me, will come along and post more helpful info. Here are some reading in the meantime:

Thank you very much this has been helpful!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As far as I know, Bora only sells WHEEL spacers which are perfectly acceptable as many of us use wheel spacers. The issue most people have is with LIFT spacers. Adding wheel spacers actually increases tire rubbing on the body mount. So if your tires fit before, I would consider taking them off.

I remember my dad let me drive his FJ to H.S. It was so awesome! Now I own it.
Thank you and yes the bora wheel spacers helped some I just need to figure out the rest through some research.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I assume you don't want to cut the body mount? Or has it already been cut a little? A 2-3" lift is fine for 35's aka 315's, you just gotta clearance it a little. :)
What he said, about the body mount. If it hasn’t been cut out already, that’s the first thing I’d look at. Check the forums here, I’m sure it’s been covered in detail.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts