Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone found a size of HEPA filter for the cabin that fits the FJ?

I took Amazon's advice / and that of BOSCH and ordered a "6029C HEPA Cabin Air Filter", but it was too tall and wide.
It didn't fit!:flame:

This is the one that didn't fit, that Amazon told me fits my FJ: "Bosch 6029C HEPA Cabin Air Filter For Select Acura CSX, ILX, MDX, RDX, RL, RLX, TL, TLX, TSX, ZDX; Honda Accord Civic Crosstour CR-V Odyssey Pilot Ridgeline; Toyota Celica FJ Cruiser Prius 4Runner" https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JYSWJ0C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

This is the BOSCH page that told me it would fit my 2011 FJ...BUT IT DOESN'T!!!!

https://www.boschautoparts.com/en/auto/filters/hepa-cabin-filters?partId=6029C

·
Registered
465 Posts
Take out your old cabin filter.
Go to Lowes or Home depot and buy the HEPA of your choice for your central air unit at home.
Take scissors and cut out filter media to fit in the frame of the old cabin filter.
Replace.

Hang on to rest of that home AC HEPA filter - make new one as needed....

I been doing this since I got mine in 07 and it does just fine.

·
Registered
295 Posts
If you have to have a filter that is actually tested to meet HEPA standards, then I do not know of one. You'd may have to make your own as suggested above.

If you just want a filter that is much better than the Toyota filter specified for the FJ, try a Toyota 87139-YZZ19 filter which fits in the holder nice and tight and is a much nicer filter with far more pleats and surface area. It is used in other Toyota vehicles so it should be stocked at the dealerships.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I feel stupid asking this question but, What is a "HEPA" filter?
HEPA = High Efficiency Particulate Air.
Wikipedia Link

"Filters meeting the HEPA standard must satisfy certain levels of efficiency. Common standards require that a HEPA air filter must remove—from the air that passes through—at least 99.95% (European Standard)[4] or 99.97% (ASME, U.S. DOE)[5][6] of particles whose diameter is greater than or equal to 0.3 µm."

·
Registered
258 Posts
Thanks FJ-6MT.

While we are on the subject, my local dealership only stocks the basic in-cabin Dust Filter. I've discovered that Toyota also produces 2 other filters for the FJ. One labeled "Pollen Type" and another labeled "Deodorant Filter". Has anyone seen or used the Deodorant Filter? I'm curious if it is lined with charcoal or if it's just sprayed with some sort of air freshener.

Attachments

·
Registered
196 Posts
Thanks FJ-6MT.

While we are on the subject, my local dealership only stocks the basic in-cabin Dust Filter. I've discovered that Toyota also produces 2 other filters for the FJ. One labeled "Pollen Type" and another labeled "Deodorant Filter". Has anyone seen or used the Deodorant Filter? I'm curious if it is lined with charcoal or if it's just sprayed with some sort of air freshener.
Here are the choices on RockAuto. Gives a little more description on each filter. Appears they use activated carbon and/or coconut shell for deodorant. This is for a 2014.
https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/toyota,2014,fj+cruiser,4.0l+v6,3307074,heat+&+air+conditioning,cabin+air+filter,6832

Attachments

·
Registered
61 Posts
Go to Lowes or Home depot and buy the HEPA of your choice for your central air unit at home.
Take scissors and cut out filter media to fit in the frame of the old cabin filter.
Replace.

I have been doing this since 2007 as well. Works great and you can get several out of a 16x25 filter.

·
Premium Member
11,931 Posts
I use the K&N filter...well 2 of them. 1 clean ready to go and the other in the FJ.

Add 1/2 a dryer sheet and the FJ smells nice and clean.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Replace.

Love this idea! Thanks!

·
Registered
117 Posts
According to the Bosch website, the correct part number is:

I took Amazon's advice / and that of BOSCH and ordered a "6029C HEPA Cabin Air Filter", but it was too tall and wide.
It didn't fit!🔥

This is the one that didn't fit, that Amazon told me fits my FJ: "Bosch 6029C HEPA Cabin Air Filter For Select Acura CSX, ILX, MDX, RDX, RL, RLX, TL, TLX, TSX, ZDX; Honda Accord Civic Crosstour CR-V Odyssey Pilot Ridgeline; Toyota Celica FJ Cruiser Prius 4Runner" https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01JYSWJ0C/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

This is the BOSCH page that told me it would fit my 2011 FJ...BUT IT DOESN'T!!!!

HEPA Cabin Filters | Bosch Auto Parts

1 - 13 of 13 Posts