Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Herding cats.

Don’t let anybody tell you it’s easy.

Anybody can herd cattle. Holding together ten thousand half wild short hairs - that’s another thing altogether.

Getting FJ'ers together to play after they're all played out after the Summit -- it's not unlike herding cats.

DRAGON & FJSOHOT, SHADOW-WARRIOR, FJOLLIE, JESHUA, TCAO, FROGEYE and UPHILL will be playing in the Moab Area July 23-24 and maybe 25. There has been loose talk about hooking up with us but since I'd rather be organized than unorganized, if anyone is interested in running some routes in Moab way after Ouray, please post up here so the cat herd can run in the same direction.

Thanks

·
Registered
534 Posts
I know there are some AZFJers going.

If it helps, Trailbus is organizing it for the group here.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
The cat hearding superbowl commercial is one of my all time favorites.

·
Registered
534 Posts
:thinkerg:

lol.....maybe those cats were out hunting mice (and stuff) all night and are currently cat napping?

i see what you mean by hard to herd.

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
Speaking of this what do you want to run?
Last year I ran Poison Spider and Hell's Revenge.

·
Registered
835 Posts
We will be in Moab Sunday through Wednesday and will be happy to warm up the rocks for ya. Don't worry, Sonic does not spray unless there is an available female FJ in the area.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Hey Larry,

I am currently working on completing this years mods. As soon as I'm finished I'll be itch'in to test things out. What better place than Moab! I should be able to make it...so put me down as a strong possible. Where are you guys staying?

George

·
Registered
142 Posts
FYI, the 24th is a Utah state holiday, so it might be pretty busy there then. Also, since some of us Utahns may have a day off anyway, perhaps a trip out to Moab would work. I don't think I can make it that week, but thought I'd throw that out there...

·
fka GW193
1,390 Posts
The cat hearding superbowl commercial is one of my all time favorites.
You mean this one? I can see FJs doing this sh!t,right.
YouTube - cowboys herding cats

If our crew were herding FJs going crazy like this, I'd find another state, quickly. C an you say,,Demolition Derby??!!! Especially after the summit!
Squires, y'all be safe now, ya here. Oh that's right you guys are going beforehand, ...you'll get to miss the carnage.
GW

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
Oh Man!! I love this commercial !! Thanks for the thread and the video!!
Y'all this thread has made my day!!!

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
how much later are we thinking?

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
we will get into town on the 22nd or 23rd (most likely the 23rd) Not sure how long everyone is staying. I'm going to leave Thursday night most likely.

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
I'm leaving Friday morning to head home from Moab..

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
I may stay in town to romp with you folks I will keep in touch...Athena are you dreaming of going now??

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
I may stay in town to romp with you folks I will keep in touch...Athena are you dreaming of going now??
Meet ya at the top of hells Gate? :D

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
:rofl::rofl: ohh dear lord! umm I'm sitting that one out...been there couldn't do it:rofl::rofl: give me a marlin crawler and I'd be more amped:D

·
Premium Member
6,865 Posts
A marlin would make it a bit easier for sure.

But I am hoping we do something else this time, I had enough of that one last time.

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
yep I'm running fins and things for sure have you done gold bar rim?? pretty damn fun and the view from the top is amazing!

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
After watching Jake on Hell's Gate, I'm in no hurry to try that one. :worried:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts