Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally I have some more pix of the three models of the console cover. All models utilize a hard anodized black pull handle.

Here is the "Urban" model using ABS with a matching textured finish for the Tambour door slats.

The back and surrounding materials of the cover are common to all models as seen below.

The intermediate model "Borrego", uses satin anodized aluminum slats as shown below.

The high end model "Panamint", is built using black hard coat anodizing over a brushed surface for the Tambour door. This gives it a very elegant appearance.

In the close up image below you can see that rugged materials are used in the construction of the housing and surround.

·
Registered
750 Posts
How much weight can be on the tambour slats? And what about scratch resistance? I have a 35# dog that goes from the front seats to the back, and so on. He also likes to stand with his back feet on the back seat and front feet on the center console. I would like to cover the console, but it needs to be strong enough to stand up to some abuse/weight.

Also, are you doing introductory, or GB pricing?

Thanks,
Kathie

·
Registered
670 Posts
How much weight can be on the tambour slats? And what about scratch resistance? I have a 35# dog that goes from the front seats to the back, and so on. He also likes to stand with his back feet on the back seat and front feet on the center console. I would like to cover the console, but it needs to be strong enough to stand up to some abuse/weight.

Thanks,
Kathie
x2 Except my dog weighs 80lbs. This would be a definite buy if I knew he wouldn't punch his paw right through it.:)

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
LOOKING GOOD !... :bigthumb:...

·
Registered
1,233 Posts
Voodoo Girl - I have the aluminum one in my FJ - we made this one because of your earlier question about your dog. :)

It will have some scratches, I suspect, if you don't trim the toenails down. But I think 35 lbs. is totally not a problem.

An 80 lb. dog, on the other hand - well, I'm not sure about that.

They are being produced now - in their earlier post, they had 10 sitting on the shelf. So send an EMAIL - my FIL doesn't read PMs as often...

Sandi

·
Registered
702 Posts

Thanks,
Kathie
My dogs are also a pain in the butt. my pup is 140 lbs though. This is a great idea! If only there was something to prevent paws from going thru the Tcase shifter?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My dogs are also a pain in the butt. my pup is 140 lbs though. This is a great idea! If only there was something to prevent paws from going thru the Tcase shifter?
12/21/07

Regarding weight capacity of console cover. I stood on the aluminum slat cover with all my weight on one foot = 160# force- slats deflected slightly but no permanent effect, i.e. door was completely flat after force test. Urban version on the other hand is limited to about 23#. At that point about 1/2" deflection but still no permanent effect - came back to normal condition.

Toenail scratching of the black hardcoat might be an issue, for instance a screwdriver blade will leave a mark if you look at it at just the right angle - the typical silver aluminum color is NOT exposed - it's still black but just a difference in the surface texture - the eyeball is too sensitive! The hardcoat is a thick aluminum oxide coating which is the same as sapphire. I think we need to have a dog owner install one and get some real field data.

Regards, Dick (Industrial Forming)

·
Registered
321 Posts
I have the Panamint model and an 80 lb lab. He is just fine on it. His nails are short so I haven't seen any scratching.

My only issue with the cover is that I had to add another layer of foam tape to get it to seat all the way around. Works and looks great.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Are you still selling these? Haven't gotten a reply to the PM and email that I sent so not sure. Let me know pls if you ship up to Canada. Thanks
1/17/08

Hi - I think I had replied to you via my [email protected] email address. If I can get your zip code I will quote any extra on the normal $10 shipping/handling charge. Sorry for the confusion in my earlier reply. If I don't hear from you today I will send another email in the morning. Thanks-

Regards, Dick

·
Registered
129 Posts
1/17/08

Hi - I think I had replied to you via my [email protected] email address. If I can get your zip code I will quote any extra on the normal $10 shipping/handling charge. Sorry for the confusion in my earlier reply. If I don't hear from you today I will send another email in the morning. Thanks-

Regards, Dick
Thanks Dick. I guess my email must be filtering it out or something because I didn't get it. Anyways, here is my postal code T2M 0K9. The location is in Calgary, Alberta Canada. Thanks again.

Jeff

1 - 16 of 16 Posts