Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Frogeye! PICS ADDED

Thanks man for the rims and tires, your're right about staying with the black, looks pretty stealth. Do you think dropping the front coilover an inch would be enough? Picks to follow... as promised. Have not adjusted the coilovers yet.

Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Alloy wheel Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Thanks man for the rims and tires, your're right about staying with the black, looks pretty stealth. Do you think dropping the front coilover an inch would be enough? Picks to follow. More treatments starting next week so gotta go get dirty while I can, I'm going out to lucerne desert race on Sat and perhaps Hungry Valley Sunday, any takers?

Frogeye, Thank you thank you Thank you.

I love my FJ:rocker::rocker::rocker:
:cheers: Right on Ryan. It was very nice to meet you sir. I'm glad you like the wheels.

I would take your lift down about an inch lower then the rear height. I'm curious what it measures when you measure it. Let me know. I just added .25 of lift back into the front of mine and I think I've found the sweet spot.:bigthumb:

Post up some photos :blah:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok updated after a long weekend.

After calling around to see who could lower the front coilovers and realign the front end, Northridge Toyota proved to be the ticket. They sell swayaway and other aftermarket products and Evan Nichols the service manager did very well to explain exactly how they would do it. Backing up a few months (8 to be exact), I originally had the lift installed and mentioned that the ride is a little stiff and wanted it adjusted, the salesperson at the time said give it some time and break in the coils. Well after 15k miles and some advice from Frogeye I got this fixed and boy am I glad I did. Before and after pics are below respectively.

The measurements of the lift before adjustment:

LF = 39"
RF = 39 and one half inches

REAR = 38"

After adjustment:

Front = 37"

Rear = 38"

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Alloy wheel Automotive tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

Land vehicle Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Off-roading Automotive tire Vehicle Tire Car

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Looks sweet!!! Wish I had those adj DRs. Frogeye is a cool dude too. Met him at the M & G in Claremont.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Right on Ryan, glad to hear and see that you've got it adjusted now. I told you I thought it looked a little high in the front =). Wheel safely and If you are ever interested in wheeling down here in Otay or San Diego's east County, just PM me or call.

Chris

1 - 7 of 7 Posts