Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,

Havent been home in awhile since I started doing overseas work. Still currently in the South Western town of Perth, Australia. Was thinking about you all when I heard a radio ad for the New FJ Cruiser!! :bigthumb:

Ha! It was weird hearing the way Aussies say it ( " F- Jay Croose- Saahh"). But very cool. Ive been showing these guys over here pics of my truck and now all of the sudden they interested since they can own one as well.

Funny how an FJ brings people together. Hope to be home for about 8 days in April then back over the ditch again...

Ill keep checkin in from time to time (internet speed over here is slow).

:cheers:

·
Registered
3,661 Posts
Howdy Mate!

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Be safe flying over the big pond. Pictures of your adventures would be great. I'm guessing O&G work? Updates on the wrong way FJ might be fun.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Howdy,

That's because the net has to go up hill to get here, instead of down hill! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Be safe flying over the big pond. Pictures of your adventures would be great. I'm guessing O&G work? Updates on the wrong way FJ might be fun.
x2

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Are you going to make the Summit this year?

·
Registered
354 Posts

That internet speed should soon be picking way up! The Australian government has recently signed a $1.2B contract with Corning to provide fiber to the home to 93% of all Australian households. If any of you are familiar with Verizon Fios in the DFW area it will be the same type of service that will be offered in AUS. :clap:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0EIN/is_20110117/ai_n56674430/

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey everyone,
Ill keep you all posted as the new "wrong way- FJ" hits the dunes down under. I wouldnt be surprised that Toyota gives them the option of a built in snorkle since many of them come from the factory (even say Toyota on the side). This could translate to another option or at least a "Toyota" option- looks like its a rebadged ARB.

As best I can guess the price will be high- likely around 50-60 large. Thats about the cost difference here for the average vehicle- usually twice what we would pay, but not certain. With gas prices on the rise (jumped 15 cents a liter in one day!) and the FJ being a 6 cylinder it might be a hard sell. This is the only other country Ive been to outside North America where V8's still sell well (excluding the Middle East where $ is more plentiful than oil) and with Range Rovers and Jeeps being plantiful- Its hould be a solid hit.

For those asking, yes O & G is why I'm here and pretty much how Perth is able to survive (besides the large mining operations).

Well a strange twist of fate has hit today and Ill be heading home earlier than anticipated (March 16th as opposed to April 2nd). Big SNAFU over rig usage and other stuff way above my paygrade. Anyway, hoping to bump into you all back in H-Town.

And although totally unrelated to this thread, my heart and prayers go out to all those who have been affected by the latest earthquakes in New Zealand, Japan and the tsunami that followed. My concern is the path around the Pacific Rim (Ring of Fire). Could this be a distress call for the west coast. Lets hope not.

Thanks all for reading! See you soon!

·
Premium Member
13,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That internet speed should soon be picking way up! The Australian government has recently signed a $1.2B contract with Corning to provide fiber to the home to 93% of all Australian households. If any of you are familiar with Verizon Fios in the DFW area it will be the same type of service that will be offered in AUS. :clap:

Corning Cable Systems Awarded Passive Solutions for Australian NBN Fiber to the Home Deployment | Business Wire | Find Articles at BNET
Yes I did hear about that, but due to Perth's isolation (most isolated major city in the world) and the fact that this will be government project, they are not expecting the new fiber optics to be inplace till 2018-2025. So I'm not holding my breath...:lol:

But good call on that. Nice to see some of the info is making it way across the ditch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts