Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,
My name is Jas. I recently noticed that I like the FJ more and more. And since my 04 Jeep GC (pic below from a while back) is my DD and getting up there in mileage, I figured it was time to do the research on what to get. I have been reading a lot of threads and look forward to being a member here. I will get the FJ in the next month or so.

·
Premium Member
16,984 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome and good luck getting the FJC you want... Lots of good stuff here to help you out.

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Hello & Welcome!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome. Since I modded out the jeep (lift, exhaust, air, rock rails, skids, front bumper and winch, etc) I am looking forward to starting anew with the FJ. I'm still deciding which one to get and will post pics after the deal is done. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Welcome! :cheers:

Hope you find a great FJ!

Well, they are all great, so that should be easy :bigthumb:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hello and welcome Cronus. I'm a recent member too.
Think you will be hooked once you get an FJ!:roller:
We started out with a 1971 FJ40, then a 1973 FJ40, a 1982 FJ60, a 1985 BJ40 (in Costa Rica - what a hoot - a turbo charged diesel - it flew!) and now a 2007 FJ Cruiser.
Unfortunately have to sell the 2007 FJ :mecry: and we're only a couple hours north of you.
Here's a link to the ebay listing:
Toyota : FJ Cruiser - eBay (item 260710999188 end time Dec-28-10 18:23:35 PST)
Something to think about maybe - Our loss could be your gain :cheers::cheers:
Otherwise - Have a Merry Christmas and good luck with your FJ search!

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
welcome :clap:
you'll be in good company here :cheers:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I was able to test drive a '10 in Brick with Conv pkg and UG#2 pkg today at Toyota of Huntington...nice ride and I liked the feel. They gave me a solid trade in value but wouldn't budge on the $31,855 msrp. I walked. I will check out a few more dealers on LI. Maybe I'll start looking at the 2011's too.

·
Premium Member
6,592 Posts
Howdy!

When my wife and I got new cars together, I sadly sold my Dodge Ram pickup, and gladly got rid of my Jeep GC. It was good for a year or three, then slowly fell apart.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
A big Northeaster welcome to you. Nice looking GC.

You are more than welcome to drop in on us at FJ Northeasters and meet some more local to you FJ enthusiasts.....Although I must say we have more and more non-FJs around with guys buying and building trail rigs from LI to PA....As far south at NC and as far north as NB ....(New brunswick CAN that is....That's me).

Any questions you can ask can be answered here and at FJNE..... Local answers, mod help and wheeling buddies abound.

·
fka trailman
849 Posts
Eyy someone else from the island
hey whats that suppose to mean :wave:

oh by the way welcome and enjoy. did you sunrise toyota yet?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hello and welcome Cronus. I'm a recent member too...
Thanks for the info, but I'm looking to trade in my jeep. Best of luck on the sale and Happy Holidays.

Welcome aboard :bigthumb:

If you don`t mind driving out of state, check out Ramsey Toyota in Ramsey, NJ, they always have 8-10 FJ`s in stock and pretty flexible. Good luck!
Thanks, I'll check them out too.

hey whats that suppose to mean :wave:

oh by the way welcome and enjoy. did you sunrise toyota yet?
I have spoken with Sunrise and will go there next week.

Thanks again everyone for the info and warm welcome. Enjoy your holidays!

·
fka trailman
849 Posts
i figured good luck

1 - 20 of 30 Posts