Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
499 Posts
I believe there is a warning light if it is low, however it would be nice to have a gauge.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
That light only comes on in extreme cases. Probably like you are over a quart low. I think the manual even says somewhere it can't be used as an accurate gauge as to whether it is low unless it is extreme.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
A real oil pressure gauge would be nice. Mots of the newer vehicles that appear to have a gauge, actually don't. It's a idiot light in disguise! The left silver dash panel is screaming for one. Someone needs to workup a electronic gauge, mounting, sensor/sending unit, etc. and post it. Ron

Yup, us FJ owners are missing an oil pressure gauge! You might be able to put one on the bottom portion of the tachometer?

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
A real oil pressure gauge would be nice. Mots of the newer vehicles that appear to have a gauge, actually don't. It's a idiot light in disguise! The left silver dash panel is screaming for one. Someone needs to workup a electronic gauge, mounting, sensor/sending unit, etc. and post it. Ron
Yes, a REAL oil pressure gauge would be nice. My Ford Escape had one of the on/off idiot light gauges that really meant nothing other than the light was off.

·
Registered
961 Posts
x8 - Yes an oil pressure gauge!!!

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
X9- get an oil pressure gauge in the dash cluster! That's one of the things we really need!!!:ninja:

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,204 Posts
How about altimeter plus a true 3-axis accelerometer with playback?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Yes, a REAL oil pressure gauge would be nice. My Ford Escape had one of the on/off idiot light gauges that really meant nothing other than the light was off.
Over the weekend, I had a dealer loaner Tundra (4.0L V6) that appeared to have an idiot gauge. When you'd start engine, the gauge would jump up to the center of the scale and wouldn't move. Not sure if all Tundra's have that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts