Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody. Thinking about buying an FJ. Actually I have wanted one for over a year or more but finally think I am ready.

I have put 115k miles on a Dodge diesel Ram the last 6 years and it is time for a change. I love my truck and it has served me well but I am kinda tired driving it. Also it isn't the best vehicle for hunting/fishing due to it's overall size and open bed.

We will be keeping the truck though since I can't hitch a 40' fifth wheel to an FJ. The FJ will be my daily driver and hunting/fishing ride. Oh and I will finally be able to park in the garage again since the truck won't fit.

I am looking at a couple blue 2007 models locally. I have to be honest, I haven't driven one yet. The time wasn't right and u was afraid that if I drive one I might really fall in love with it and rush my decision.

I have been soaking up info from the different boards and I am very happy with what I have read about the FJs so far. Hoping to schedule the first test drive in the next week or so.

·
Registered
936 Posts
:wave: Welcome to the forum. No sense in test driving until your ready to pull the trigger, because you will want the FJ after you drive one. I had a Dodge Ram before the FJ, miss it sometimes but really enjoy driving my FJ more.

·
Registered
154 Posts
i own a 2005 dodge ram 3500 4x4 diesel and a 2007 blue fj and the fj will go far more places offroad than the dodge, i use the dodge for work and the toyota for play, we plan on keeping the fj forever we have had it since new in 2006 and feel that barring an accident or theft we will have no problem making use of this vehicle for 20 years or more , it just seems that good :):rocker:

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The dependability of the FJs is a real plus. My Dodge has served me well so far, U-joints, muffler, a water pump, tires and brakes are all that have been replaced. I am not worried about the motor but the rest of the truck concerns me. I need a change of scenery so I am not interested in a new(er) truck. At the same time I dont want a daily driver/play mobile that is going to need repaired everytime I turn around whole the truck is parked.

I doubt that I will keep the FJ for 20 years. My son just turned 13, I told him if I get an FJ that he can start saving money and buy it from me (at a discount) when he turns 16 and gets his license.

My big decision now is AT or MT. 95% sure it will be blue, but if I find a super deal on a yellow I would take it. There are 2 local dealers with blue on their lots. First is an MT, 60k miles, one owner, non Toyota dealer, $19k. Second is AT 60k miles, 3 owners, $23k, Certified Toyota.

Wife really wants another MT, her Mazda is AT and she liked driving a stick. The last 115k miles in an auto has made me kinda lazy and I am not sure that I want to go back to stick. But for $4k I might be able to be convinced ;)

·
Premium Member
16,935 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Welcome! Don't forget the pics when you inevitably pick it up ;)

:cheers:

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Welcome lots of good stuff here to help you out.

·
Premium Member
6,589 Posts
Howdy!

I traded in a '97 Dodge Ram, 3/4 ton, V10, 4wd when I bought my FJ. I loved the truck, and still miss it sometimes, but after I sold my 30' Airstream, really didn't have a need for it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts