Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hi to everyone, and introduce myself !! :wave:
What an awesome forum !! I am paralyzed from the waist down from an unfortunate motorcycle accident almost 7 years ago,... was wondering if anybody knows of or has seen any other people out there that are paralyzed or disabled with FJ Cruisers ??
I have two diesel pickups, but want to get an FJ Cruiser to go offroading,...I am very active, and have always loved fourwheeling, etc, and may be relocating to either the Black Hills in SD, or down around the Durango, CO area. I have a brother that lives in Aztec, NM, just south of Durango, and thought it would be nice to be near him to go offroading with, up in the San Juans !!
The FJ would work great to get my chair in, as my upper body strenght is really good, and sets alot lower than my two trucks. I've looked at the 2008 TT a few times now....what an awesome vehicle !!! The all white and black really looks sharp !! Don't know if I'll be able to get one before they are all gone, I hope so, but if not, I'll get an 09 !!

You all have some pretty awesome looking rigs :rocker: , and I look forward to being part of the FJ family in the near future !! :cheers:

Randy

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Check out Chris over at Lucrum. And welcome.

lucrum ind.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Welcome to the forum!!!:wave: Don't know too many guys that are paralyzed that have FJs, but do know some guys that are paralyzed and have 4Runners and wheel them every weekend!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey Randy,

Welcome to the forum. If you get down around Farmington you might want to check out Phil (TanaJ) and Montana (MongtanaTailgunner), they are awesome guides! We do a lot of wheeling around NM. Hope to see you out there sometime!

Jessica

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hey Randy. Welcome!

I wouldn't stress too much about the TT's being gobbled up. There was another post recently about how everyone is surprised that there are TT's left in pretty much every region. I just saw another one at the dealership that I bought mine from this past weekend.

I think prices are already starting to come down and if you wait just a bit longer, you might get a fantastic deal.

When you get your FJ, if you ever find yourself heading to NC, drop me a line and we'll get some BBQ and go wheeling. :cheers:

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Hey Randy,
Welcome to the FJ world...the small suicide door is great for loading your chair..
and Chris of Lucrum fame is working on bringing some amazing products to market soon....the best I have seen for spinal injury folks since he is in a chair also.

Let me know if there is anything I can do as far as resources, questions or anything else FJ or offroading related. Of course it sounds like you are wheeling away already so it more than likely be me getting in touch with you so others can learn from your experience. That is what Disabled Explorers is all about, us helping each other...and we let the able bodied come out and play of course :)

Lastly you can watch out upcoming Continental Divide Expedition by following our blog and Spot progress (you want a Spot), on Disabled Explorers - Home

Be in touch!

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Check with Birdman as well. He's been wheeling with me before and has a good amount of experience in these things. One thing he said to me was that the FJ was a nightmare getting in and out of until he got the 3" lift (oddly enough).

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
Welcome Randy! The forum is the place to be!

Get the TT before they are gone! You'll love the FJ!

cheers,

dale

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
Hi Randy, welcome to the forum. From what I've seen and been told, the FJ makes a really user friendly platform for someone with your physical disability. Lucrum has his set up really nice. And One leg has a great website dedicated to promoting the sport for disabled wheelers and explorers. Congrats on your future FJ purchase.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts