Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, wanted to stop in here and introduce myself first. My name is Bryan, unfortunately I'm not an FJ owner. I drive another vehicle with 2 letter designation ending in J. If I told ya'll what it is, you'd probably ban me for life :lol:

Anyway, I'm introducing me beacause I have developed a hi-lift mount for the FJ that fits the optional factory roof rails with no cutting or drilling required. I'm test fitting the mounts on a FJ hopefully this weekend and will keep everyone updated. The mounts allow several different mounting positions suitable to the owners needs. It can even be used to mount the hi-lift so there is no additional loss of overhead clearance for garages or parking garages.

I look forward to working with everyone here!!! And if anyone is from Richmond, VA, hit me up if you wanna wheel or have some stuff test fit on your FJ.

Thanks!

·
Kajun Kim
5,489 Posts
Ok I'll bite..... What ya got???? Post some pics...

Kim

·
Registered
852 Posts
I'm with Kim, this thread is worthless without detailed PICS!

·
Banned
2,479 Posts
Aw c'mon, show us a pic of your XJ... I assume that was what you were talking about. Also, the forum admin will not look kindly if you try to sell your product without being a paid advertiser - I don't think they would have too much problem if you were just looking for feedback from FJ owners about your product design - but could be wrong... I guess we'll see...

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I don't want to upset the board by potentially selling a product, but feedback is always good, since it will cost me a good chunk of change to get the things produced, then if nobody wants them i'm SOL.

Its not a XJ...its a KJ (Liberty)(haha don't laugh to hard). I do what i can with it, yes they impress people, but then also, YES they are limited by the stupid IFS and cruddy Dana 30a up front. Some people have actually gone as far as doing a SFA swap in a KJ complete with a JK long arm kit. I just use mine to get groceries though:rofl: j/k

Also, I'm not one of those guys who says "I drive a jeep, so yotas, fords, and chevys SUCK!"
My personal philospy is that if you got, you wrench on it and you wheel it, then you're cool with me.

Here are the details,
Self built coil lift - 4" (OME, Rusty's, Daystar components)
Jeepin' By Al Upper A-arms
Jeepin' By Al rear Y-link extension
JE Reels High angle CV Shafts
Reese front and back hitchs
245/75/16 MTR's on rubicon Moab Rims
Custom Skids
Custom Hi-Lift Mount :)

:cheers:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh, durrrrrrr, here is another with a very cheap, poor mock up with the hi-lift mount. I pick up the prototype mounts tomo from the fabricator, So I'll post more up then.

Thanks

·
Banned
2,479 Posts
Nice KJ! Looks like you have a lot of fun with it. You seem pretty cool and although the forum does have its a-holes (I should know because I am one - just not a hater when it comes to other folks choice of rides - just please don't lower an FJ or put it on 20s with low-profile tires...), you'll find a welcoming atmosphere here.

I look forward to providing feedback on your product. I actually am trying to figure out where to carry my Hi-Lifts. I don't have a roof rack though.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Crotalus...nice German Short Hair. I had to let this guy stay in florida when I left. The sweetest dog I ever had. I still regret not stealing him from the neglectful owner. He lived with me, but was owned by my boss.

·
Banned
2,479 Posts
Hey Crotalus...nice German Short Hair. I had to let this guy stay in florida when I left. The sweetest dog I ever had. I still regret not stealing him from the neglectful owner. He lived with me, but was owned by my boss.

Thanks! Yea, I love my dog and German Shorthairs are the best IMO. Your owners dog is a handsome fella as well! I would have seriously considered stealing that guy myself.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the test versions of the mounting plates in today. Put them on the KJ. So far they are very sturdy, no rattling or noises from up above. I put these on the match the curve/slope of the side of the vehicle.
I'll be testing them on the trail this weekend, and hopefully have a test FJ lined up for the weekend as well.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts