Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
I have been a member for awhile but this is my first post,reason being i have been waiting patiently for the FJ to arrive in Australia.Well i had my first drive of a Cavalry blue cruiser yesterday,they do not officially go on sale here until March 2011 but i was lucky enough to drive a car that Toyota is still showing there dealers and service departments.The test drive confirmed to me that the FJ cruiser will be my next car when i can decide on which colour i want,once that decision is made i will pre order.Colours i have in mind are either Titanuim,Army green or Cavalry blue.In Austarlia we will only have one model to choose from.They will come standard with Auto trans,no manual gearbox will be available,all will be 4x4 drive,diff lock standard as is alloy wheels,also rear camera and parking sensors.They have not given any prices yet but the indications are from high $40,000's to low $50,000's,these are in Aussie dollars so quite expensive.I hope that fellow members will find these details interesting and i look forward to future posts with some pictures once March 2011 arrives
regards
Snowy x5:cheers:

·
Premium Member
9,345 Posts
Look forward to your pics and more info on the Aussie FJ! :cheers:

Update profile with your location. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Welcome from the Canadian delegation. :wave:

·
Premium Member
563 Posts
Hello & Welcome!

·
Registered
717 Posts
welcome

Look forward to pics when your out and about.

·
Premium Member
16,984 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Premium Member
1,305 Posts
Welcome from the Southeast US!

Can't wait to see some pics of FJs running around Australia! Maybe in posed in front of Ayers Rock (Uluru)? ;)

Glad to have you aboard!

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
13,482 Posts
Welcome from the other end of the Commonwealth!

·
Registered
10,440 Posts
Now this is great first post :) Welcome...

·
Registered
97 Posts
Hi all
I have been a member for awhile but this is my first post,reason being i have been waiting patiently for the FJ to arrive in Australia.Well i had my first drive of a Cavalry blue cruiser yesterday,they do not officially go on sale here until March 2011 but i was lucky enough to drive a car that Toyota is still showing there dealers and service departments.The test drive confirmed to me that the FJ cruiser will be my next car when i can decide on which colour i want,once that decision is made i will pre order.Colours i have in mind are either Titanuim,Army green or Cavalry blue.In Austarlia we will only have one model to choose from.They will come standard with Auto trans,no manual gearbox will be available,all will be 4x4 drive,diff lock standard as is alloy wheels,also rear camera and parking sensors.They have not given any prices yet but the indications are from high $40,000's to low $50,000's,these are in Aussie dollars so quite expensive.I hope that fellow members will find these details interesting and i look forward to future posts with some pictures once March 2011 arrives
regards
Snowy x5:cheers:
Welcome! :cheers:

I just looked on google and it says 1 USD = 0.9973 AUD...that makes it in the range of 40-50k USD.

Not sure how other vehicles are priced in Australia compared to the US, but that seems pretty pricey to me.

·
Premium Member
1,787 Posts
Welcome and G'day! :cheers:

As others have said, really looking forward to seeing some FJs down under!

·
Registered
936 Posts
:wave: Welcome to the forum, It will be interesting to see how well they sell/are accepted down under. I'am sure you will be happy with it, I enjoy mine alot. :cheers:

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thankyou to all for the warm welcome,any questions on the Aussie cruiser and i will do my best to answer them
regards
Snowy x5

·
Catalyst
9,205 Posts
Cool...will be waiting to hear back from you once you get yours, mate :cheers:

...Maybe in posed in front of Ayers Rock...
that'd be pretty cool

·
Premium Member
6,592 Posts
Howdy!

My company just recently took over El Questro Wilderness Park, Heron Island, Kings Canyon Resort, Lizard Island, and Wilson Island. Also have a couple law enforcement friends down there. I would sure love to visit them and the places.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Welcome to our first Down Under Brother by another mother..... Glad you found us. Now if you guys can just figure out how to get Toyota to drop a Diesel in the FJ....muahahahaha

Here in one of her Majesty's OTHER colonies a base 4x4 auto starts out at just under $33K (CAN) and the high end full load is just under $39K (CAN)

In comparison the Trail Edition 4Runner starts out at $44K (CAN)

A

·
Registered
37 Posts
Now if you guys can just figure out how to get Toyota to drop a Diesel in the FJ.
I am seriously going to miss the 1KZ TD in my current KZJ90 when the FJC shows up. Unfortunately, Toyota seems to be trending away from diesels. I almost pulled the trigger on a 120 in 2007, but by the time I was ready to do the deal Toyota had stopped putting the 1KD in them. It's a real shame as the 1KZ and 1KD engines get some fantastic gas mileage. My wife has a little Toyota Rush that has a 1.4l gas engine, yet I get better fuel economy with my 3l TD.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts