Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2013 FJ Trail Teams
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, new to Toyota, new to FJs and new to this forum.

I'm Kristen and this is my Bernese Mountain Dog copilot, Charley. I purchased my 2013 6 spd manual TT on Friday 4/2/21 from a Lexus (!!) dealership in Marin, CA. It is unmodified and super clean, a few scratches from its prior life. 57,000 on the ODO.
I'm a biologist and that career takes me often to unexpected places. I currently manage the fire risk reduction and fuels management program for a large regional park district in Northern California. If all goes well, I will be earning my federal recovery permit for Alameda whipsnake this year. It's a state and federally endangered species (about as rare as this FJ). Only a 4WD can get me to where these little guys typically hang out.
How I got here: Well, the car I learned to drive on was a 1986 Bronco II. I loved it till it overheated on me one time too many. Full disclosure, I was on the waitlist for a 2021 Bronco. (I have cancelled the reservation.) I have also had the weird but awesome privilege of briefly owning (possibly) the lowest mileage Isuzu Vehicross in North America. Long story short... I've been searching for the right rig for a long time and I have finally found it. I'm not too interested in major mods, but I have much appreciated the forum posts on short shifters and lighting and I'll be making some of those mods as soon as the parts arrive.
I am so excited to take this FJ backcountry into some of my parks and hopefully south to Mexico for some overland adventures.
-K

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
37,980 Posts
Welcome!

Reactions: Cali_13TT

·
Premium Member
16,937 Posts
Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
12 Posts

I'm Kristen and this is my Bernese Mountain Dog copilot, Charley. I purchased my 2013 6 spd manual TT on Friday 4/2/21 from a Lexus (!!) dealership in Marin, CA. It is unmodified and super clean, a few scratches from its prior life. 57,000 on the ODO.
I'm a biologist and that career takes me often to unexpected places. I currently manage the fire risk reduction and fuels management program for a large regional park district in Northern California. If all goes well, I will be earning my federal recovery permit for Alameda whipsnake this year. It's a state and federally endangered species (about as rare as this FJ). Only a 4WD can get me to where these little guys typically hang out.
How I got here: Well, the car I learned to drive on was a 1986 Bronco II. I loved it till it overheated on me one time too many. Full disclosure, I was on the waitlist for a 2021 Bronco. (I have cancelled the reservation.) I have also had the weird but awesome privilege of briefly owning (possibly) the lowest mileage Isuzu Vehicross in North America. Long story short... I've been searching for the right rig for a long time and I have finally found it. I'm not too interested in major mods, but I have much appreciated the forum posts on short shifters and lighting and I'll be making some of those mods as soon as the parts arrive.
I am so excited to take this FJ backcountry into some of my parks and hopefully south to Mexico for some overland adventures.
-K

View attachment 1158431
Cool photo. Cool FJ and cool dog :) I'm relative newbie around here as well.

·
Registered
2010TT AT
1,109 Posts
Hi Kristen & Charley, welcome from Ohio!
An FJ and a Vehicross - Charley you get to have the best rides 😀👍

·
Premium Member
122 Posts
Welcome from SoCal!

·
Premium Member
4,222 Posts
Welcome from Oregon :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wow, I was looking at that rig! I bought my 2013 TT on Friday as well, so I guess we have twin vehicles with a shared anniversary date.

It sounds like you have made some great career choices, and with what’s looking like another drought year here in CA, you’re going to be a busy person! I’m in the Sacramento area, but am in Marin County on a regular basis. I never miss a FJ, so maybe we’ll cross paths someday.

Cheers!
Dave

·
Registered
2013 FJ Trail Teams
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, I was looking at that rig! I bought my 2013 TT on Friday as well, so I guess we have twin vehicles with a shared anniversary date.

It sounds like you have made some great career choices, and with what’s looking like another drought year here in CA, you’re going to be a busy person! I’m in the Sacramento area, but am in Marin County on a regular basis. I never miss a FJ, so maybe we’ll cross paths someday.

Cheers!
Dave
Hey Dave! My folks live in Fair Oaks. I am up there all the time. I'll keep an eye out!

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
You picked a great year and color for your FJ. I may be biased.
2013 TT's do very well in Baja.

·
Premium Member
918 Posts
The first pic is at Rancho San Cosme, Sea of Cortez side, just North of Agua Verde. Great family there. Stayed there on the way down, and on the way back up.
Second pic is at Campo Archeleon at Bahia de Los Angelos.

On the Pacific side here is a large beach, El Pastor Playa, just North of Todos Santos I found that I had all to myself.

And my tequila sunset from that beach.

·
Registered
24 Posts

-K

View attachment 1158431
Welcome from So Cal! Congrats on your new FJ, sounds like the perfect vehicle for you. Happy adventuring!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts