Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Expedition One bumper, and I am soon to get a Hi lift jack. I was wondering, what are peoples experiences using their Hi-Lift jacks on their front or rear bumpers? What products are you using in conjunction with the Hi-Lift to ACTUALLY lift your front bumper?

I realize that Hi-Lift makes their accessory “bumper Lift” (BL250) to make this more amenable/safe, but when I consider my Expedition One bumpers' design-and how it curves downward- I am unsure this will actually help do the job: Hi-Lift Bumper Lift (BL-250) - Equip Your Jack to Lift Curved Bumpers | Hi Lift Jack Company.

I would be especially keen to hear from real experiences from Exp One owners… 

Cheers,

Mike

(BTW, this is excluding lifting suggestions involving sliders, which with Rocktek’s gadget, makes that an easy job.)

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Not sure if this helps but my ARB has 2 square hole from the factory in it. Shove in the high lift & i was good to go.

·
Premium Member
441 Posts
I have holes in the front of my E1 Kodiak bumper that work nicely with the high-lift - indeed, that's why they are there. No need for special adapters. This is a pic from their website where you can clearly see the mounting points for a high-lift on either side of the E1 logo.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/WEMJeG][/URL]

·
Premium Member
362 Posts
The Hi-Lift BL250 is a viable option, as is the LM-100 Lift Mate accessory. I have the LM-100 and a rock rail adaptor for my jack, so I'm pretty well covered right now. I am considering a BL250 in the future, just because it's good to have several different options when using the Hi-Lift, not just for lifting the truck, but for trailside repairs, rescue Ops, or any situation that might arise out on the trail a long ways from help or other options.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I ordered the E1 Kodiac as well, though it has not been delivered yet. One of the reasons I chose this bumper was because it had hi-lift jack points designed into it. Indeed, as Fairbro said, those two holes on each side of the winch faring are what you're looking for. This design feature IS listed on the E1 website found here:

Expedition One Kodiak Front Bumper

1 - 6 of 6 Posts