Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just go the hi lift jack and i was wondering if anyone knows how i can mount this on the stock roof rack that comes on the fj?
thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
also, humzilla, is the garvin one gonna fit to pretty much any roof rack even the circular shape tube?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Yes, the stock roof rack is 1.75" diameter. There are tons of different ways to mount it, and the majority are homemade mounts. Do a search and you'll be looking for hours.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts
Four Treks

I currently mount the Hi-Lift on my rear bumper/spare tire rack, but I started out with the Four Treks mounts (above) and had very good luck with them.

·
Premium Member
9,302 Posts
Random question. Do you have rock rails or an aftermarket bumper.
Layonnn,
Were you going to suggest an alternate mounting method to sliders, or bumpers? Be interested in, if so.

Don't want to hijack.

·
Premium Member
1,491 Posts

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
There's a great home made version, as stated above. I paid less than $50 for mine. Search and ye shall find.

·
Registered
875 Posts
Layonnn,
Were you going to suggest an alternate mounting method to sliders, or bumpers? Be interested in, if so.

Don't want to hijack.
My guess is, if the answer is no to these 2 things, there is not much use for a hilift, as there will be no good jack points.....I guess you could still use it for pulling or get that sling for lifting by the wheel (Edit: it is called a lift mate).

http://www.hi-lift.com/accessories/lift-mate.html

·
Registered
210 Posts
Take a look at this thread. Lockable Hi-Lift Mount

I used the same basic idea but no locking feature. I just used some all-thread cut to length with spacer nut (1-1&1/2 inch long nut) with wing nuts and fender washers. I also used the same clamps and some quick fists for mounting a shovel and an axe.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Layonnn,

Don't want to hijack.
Unless the OP has steel bumpers or rockrails, there is not much use in having a hi-lift mounted to the vehicle.

The only way it would really be usable (and worth carrying on the vehicle) is if you were to carry around a jackstand in your vehicle at all times as well and the tire adapter jack mate thing.

Mounting the hi-lift on the sliders/rock rails would be a bad idea.
Mounting it on a front bumper is a good option, especially if you have a bull bar to mount it to.

My guess is, if the answer is no to these 2 things, there is not much use for a hilift, as there will be no good jack points.....I guess you could still use it for pulling or get that sling for lifting by the wheel (Edit: it is called a lift mate).

Hi-Lift Lift-Mate (LM-100) - lift vehicle wheel directly from the wheel | Hi Lift Jack Company
Correct Mo. But even with that, you still need to carry a jack stand at all times. IMO it is extremely dangerous to change a tire with the vehicle supported solely by a hi-lift.

·
Registered
196 Posts
In my opinion homemade mounts are the way to go. I used clamps off of ebay, some long bolts and some spacers made up from scrap I had laying around.... All for around $30 I believe! :rocker:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts