Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm taking suggestions for a new way to mount my Hi Lift jack on my ARB rack. I just sold my stock rack this past weekend and passed on my Demello mounts with it. Now I'm w/o a solid way to mount my Hi Lift.

So, do I go with the FourTreks, ARB, Quickfists, or ???

I know you have a favorite, please just tell my why it is your fav mount...

·
Registered
43 Posts
I've had the ARB for a year, could not get the rattle to stop on my jack. Went with FourTreks 1 month ago, no more rattle because the plastic slide on jack silencer can be used (do not know what it's called) Solid mount, I have the ARB Hi-Lift mount if anybody wants it, just pay for shipping

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
My jack is dead silent:

These are the Kaymar/ARB mounts. You can get them from Man-A-Fre.

The holes on top are a shovel mount.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
My Hii-lift is mounted in the rear of my ARB 1/2 rack.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
I used this adapter that was made by FJOEL though was designed to go to the roof rack feet/base.

I painted them black, drilled two holes on each side of the rack support. Secured with stainless 8mmx1.25 bolts/nuts.

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Closeup pics of the mounted Hi-Lift.

·
Registered
670 Posts
My jack is dead silent:

These are the Kaymar/ARB mounts. You can get them from Man-A-Fre.

The holes on top are a shovel mount.
I have the same mount and think it is a huge pain... I had to use weather seal, electrical tape and do all the jack silencing tricks and it still rattles - even with 2 bungi cords holding the possible loose ends tight. I'm going to go with four-treks (NDA431FJ's option is appealing too) if I ever come up with some loose scratch:rofl:. In the meantime I will let it make noise. Oh and the business end of the jack took a drop when I was tugging it out of this contraption. I have a nice arcing sweep of dents and scratches that barely missed my rear passenger side window. And another thing - I had to go rent a tap and die set to clean up the threads for both of the main jack and shovel holding bolts. For what it's worth... there's my $.02

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
I have the same mount and think it is a huge pain... I had to use weather seal, electrical tape and do all the jack silencing tricks and it still rattles - even with 2 bungi cords holding the possible loose ends tight. I'm going to go with four-treks (NDA431FJ's option is appealing too) if I ever come up with some loose scratch:rofl:. In the meantime I will let it make noise. Oh and the business end of the jack took a drop when I was tugging it out of this contraption. I have a nice arcing sweep of dents and scratches that barely missed my rear passenger side window. And another thing - I had to go rent a tap and die set to clean up the threads for both of the main jack and shovel holding bolts. For what it's worth... there's my $.02

Really? Mine doesn't make a peep.

Before i tighten the bolt, it doesn't even move the way i have it setup.

If you look at the pic again, i now have the bolt in the hole 1 over to the right, so the black part of the jack is up against the mount. It does not budge! Try it.:rocker:

·
Premium Member
4,051 Posts
Thanks for the input guys. I'm really like what Joel has put together. I'll have to contact him and see what the damage is for a set like that.

Otherwise, it looks like the FourTreks mounts are the next option...
My installation is solid and it looks like the Hi-Lift is meant to be in the rear of the ARB rack.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Mine is bolted to the back of my ARB half rack:

I'm using the Kargo Master brackets bolted to the flat portion of the rack. (If you have an ARB, you know what I mean.)

I had them, unused, from my oldJeep rack. You can find them here, among other places. It's dead quiet and rock solid.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts