Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just completed my hi lift mount and tool box.

hi lift mount :

3 qty of 5/16 stainless u-bolts
6 qty of stainless nuts
6 qty of stainless washers
6 qty of stainless lock washers
1 qty of 1/8 flat steel, 1 inch wide, 3 feet long
2 qty of 7/16 x 3 inch grade 8 bolts
2 qty of 7/16 nuts
2 qty of 7/16 washes
2 ft 7/16 rubber hose

As you tighten the u-bolts, the rubber hose encircling the bolts bunches up and snugs against the roof rack without damaging it. I used 2 brackets on the heavy end of the jack.

cost was about $35.00

The tool box has 3 sections. The first fits my tool box, first aid kit, tire repair kit, gloves, bags, toilet paper. The middle store jumper cables, rope, misc. The last fits all my chains, hitch ball, and straps. Its made of 3/4 plywood, carpet, and aluminum trim and 1.75 screws.

cost was about $55.00

Attachments

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
Very nice job, & it will be a hell of a lot easier to dismount & reinstall on the trail than my Hi-Lift jack. I mounted mine on the rear driver side of the roof rack, It's a real pain in the a$$ to get down & put back. Your mount gives you the advantage of stepping on the rear bumper. I'm planning on relocating mine to the rear in the spring.:cheers:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
mounting it on the side looks cool but mounting it on the rear is more practical so you can step on the bumper or open the back door. I would hate to drop the jack on my roof because of the awkward position.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts