Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is gonna be a really vane question... I have a TT edition FJ and have just bought Demello mounts for a Hi-Lift.

Now what color Hi-Lift should I get for the FJ? the Cheaper all black one or the all cast red one?

I know it's a vane question... and in the end my FJ is just gonna get all nice and muddy with some trail scars... but just trying to decide.

·
Registered
51 Posts
This is gonna be a really vane question... I have a TT edition FJ and have just bought Demello mounts for a Hi-Lift.

Now what color Hi-Lift should I get for the FJ? the Cheaper all black one or the all cast red one?

I know it's a vane question... and in the end my FJ is just gonna get all nice and muddy with some trail scars... but just trying to decide.
Yep, thats a vane question alright...

Naw, im just kidding, Ive thought about the same thing. Its all personal preference. I have a 08 TT SE. Ill probably get the Hi-Lift 60" Xtreme. I think it only comes in black. I think it would go well with the black trim on the TT, but then again, red looks pretty slick too. Ive seen em both on TTSEs. I would be happy with either.

·
Registered
208 Posts
If you want the Hi-Lift to go more unnoticed to possible thieves then black would be the way to go. Mine is black with a red handle and I remove and put it in my garage every time after I come back from wheeling. It gives me one less thing to worry about when parking my FJ places.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all the responses... yeah I think the black would make the color scheme to monotone... I guess I'll go with the 48" red Hi-Lift.

Then I am gonna have to hit a trail and use it so it doesn't stay a nice shiny red.

thanks

·
Emeritus Moderator
6,484 Posts
Yep, thats a vane question alright...

Naw, im just kidding, Ive thought about the same thing. Its all personal preference. I have a 08 TT SE. Ill probably get the Hi-Lift 60" Xtreme. I think it only comes in black. I think it would go well with the black trim on the TT, but then again, red looks pretty slick too. Ive seen em both on TTSEs. I would be happy with either.
The Xtream is Gray, not black. :)

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
TRD accent color is red. So i would go with red.

And as Shadow mentioned, the Extreme is a charcoal grayish color.

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Go with the xtreme jack!!:rocker:

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
:thinkerg:Of course, you COULD just rattle can it WHITE!:huh:

·
Premium Member
5,235 Posts
I like the looks of the X-Treme one.
I sold my old red one to my neighbor and got the new one.

Pick up a WabFab adapter too if you do not have one.
Makes it easier to "cradle" the tubing of the sliderz.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just picked up the red one... And it draws too much attention to itself I think. Kinds visually imbalanced. Maybe cause the rest of the truck is stock. I saw a TT that had more mods and it and it looked good.

I'll prolly end up returning it and get the regular black one with red handle.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts