Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!! I am planning on buying a new white 2011 FJ in the next couple of months. First of all, is there any dealerships that give good discounts?? Then my first task will be a lift kit and bigger tires. My goal is to lift it so that it still fits in my garage. I am thinking a 6" lift and 35" inch tires (no roof rack), I have a standard double car garage. I would also like a lift that is confortable for everyday street use, I will only be doing light 4-wheeling on the weekends. Thanks for any advice.....:)

·
Premium Member
2,797 Posts
Hi there, welcome to the site :wave: As far as dealers go, one of the problems you may encounter is that the FJ is in high demand and the sales managers know it. Large discounts are going to be hard to find. Good luck on this.

If your garage is as standard as you say, a six inch lift w/ 35s may keep your FJ out of it. A three inch may be more your style. But maybe not. My advice to you is get some folks to measure their rigs and provide their setup information. Compare these to your needs.

·
Registered
728 Posts
So as stated above...you are likely not gonna find a "good discount" and a 6 inch lift isnt gonna fit in a standard garage.

I would highly rec you read the forum about the 6 vs 3 inch lift...lots of good info and will give you some insight and save you some remorse later. Good luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts