Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
HI, I already got qualified and everything.

I just dont want to pay sticker price for it,plus the 09's are around the corner.I know how to get a deal but I just want to see what type of deals have you guys gotten?

Let me know, thanks in advance.Im trying to close a deal tommorow.

heres the link: Fred Haas Toyota World Spring Texas Houston Texas Toyota Dealers South Texas Toyota Dealers New Toyota Used Toyota Preowned Toyota Pre-Owned Toyota Certified Used Vehicles TCUV Toyota Cars Toyota Trucks Toyota SUV’s Toyota Sales Toyota Service Toyo

STICKER IS $31,432.00

Houston,Tx.

Its pertty loaded, 4x4 all the goodies,Know which suspension....and wheeelssss hahaha let the modding begging.

laters....:rocker:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Right now it's a buyer's market due to the economy and the fuel prices. I would shoot for 5 k below MSRP. Anywhere close to that I would consider a good deal. The issue equally or more important is the finance rate you can negotiate. Don't be in a hurry to close the deal. Let the sales guy sweat it out a little and also be prepared to walk away. Go to the Consumer Reports buyers guide site and sign up for the service. I can't remember the exact cost, but it's not much. Something like $25 IIRC. There you can find out the real dealer invoice price, options dealer invoice and any dealer incentives, rebates, delivery costs, etc. Go in to the dealer armed and ready. Make them give you their best price before you counter with your offer. At that point you can lay your cards on the table, show them your detailed numbers and then expect to wind up paying 2% or 3% over the factory invoice minus the incentives and such. I can't remember who posted it, but somewhere on this forum there is a detailed spreadsheet with all of this information listed and it allows you to pick your options and come up with a bottom line price. I'm not sure what you would search under for that post. Maybe one of the other members can point the way for you. Again, you are buying at the perfect time IMO. Don't shoot from the hip! Good luck and post back with how you came out on the deal. You're gonna love your new ride! Be sure to buy the Sun Fusion. The other colors are boring except maybe for the Voodoo Blue.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
HAHA.

I just came back, I had to walk.I read on here some felas here were paying 28K out the door. some 28,500 out the door thats with taxes and everything???

He didn't buy it, so I had to walk.

HELP ME OUT......I really want to take her home.:lol:

·
Registered
393 Posts
The $28,500 range you are hearing is typically with a bunch of the options, but not including sales tax, etc. You want to look at the base factory invoice after rebates/dealer incentives etc. Then add the invoice (wholesale) cost for the options to that number and you have the real cost to the dealer. The taxes etc are fixed costs that you can't negotiate and the dealer has no control over. Do the Consumer Reports thing I told you about. It's all plainly spelled out there and it may well save you thousands. Do your homework or you are guaranteed to get screwed. Like I said earlier, make the sales guy give you his number first and make him itemize it. He should have line items for the base invoice, options/upgrades and taxes etc. A lot depends on the options that your truck has installed. I've heard of stripped down models going for something like $24,000 or so. I think that might be steel rims and no goodies at all and probably the manual tranny too. You won't often see one like that on the lot unless it was special order and waiting for someone.

OTOH, if you have the bucks and don't want to negotiate, then by all means just sign on the line and take it home. They will love you for that I am sure. I would let them sweat until they give you a hot number.

Here's another way to get it done and save yourself some footwork and face to face haggling, which I personally hate. Find out who the dealers online sales rep is. They all have one. You can negotiate the deal completely by email which is a very cool way to do it. You will be able to close the deal without speaking a word directly to the sales guy. They tend to get down to some realistic numbers online, especially if you tell them you are talking with other dealers, which is also a good idea even if that dealer is fifty or a hundred miles away from you. It will put fear in their hearts for certain. You can call the dealer and without telling them who you are, ask for the name of the internet sales guy and either his email addy or the dealers website. Doing it online/email lets you play the waiting game more easily and you can avoid all the typical salesman bull****. You also won't have to wait in the showroom while they scheme in the sales managers office trying to size up the prey. Until you sign a purchase agreement you can do anything you want including walking away at the very last second if necessary and sometimes it is. I am no expert at this game, but learned a lot when I purchased mine and I'm just passing it on. I probably could have beat them down another $500 or so, but I was in a hurry just like you are. Good luck with it and get online with that dealer right now! You might be able to get it done by noon tomorrow if you know your numbers.

·
Registered
834 Posts
go on to edmuds and get the true market value and pay 500 below invoice

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hey,

I did not notice the link you provided in the OP. I just checked it out. That FJ is fairly stripped down. No A-Trac, no Locking Rear Differential, no alloy wheels, no roof rack, no rock rails, no all weather floor mats, no convenience packages. It does seem to have the side curtain airbags, but that might be standard on the '08's. I don't see any options or convenience packages included. They are asking way too much for it at the MSRP of $32,300. No one ever pays the MSRP in todays market. I think you might want some of the upgrade stuff if you can get it at the dealers cost.

·
Registered
767 Posts
It has these options:

50 State Emissions $0
Permavin/Glass Etch And Limited Warranty $199
Molded Dash Applique $389
Xm Satellite Radio Receiver Kit
Includes:
6 Months Complimentary Xm Service
$449
Convenience Package: Remote Keyless
Entry
Cruise Control
Power Outside Mirror With Image Light
Rear Parking Sonar
Privacy Glass
Rear Wiper
Daytime Running Lights
$1,840
Upgrade Package #1: A-Trac, Rear
Rear
Differential Lock
Multi-Info Display (Dash Mounted/Exterior Temperature Gauge
Compass
Inclinometer)
P265/70r 17" Alloy Wheels
2-1 Audio 6-Disc Changer
D-Pillar Speakers
400w Inverter
(No Subwoofer)
Leather Steering Wheel W/Audio Controls/Cruise Control Function
Silver Tone Shift Lever
Color-Keyed (Exterior Color) Interior Door Trim Inserts
$2,560
Vehicle Shield Package
Lusterizing Sealant
Sound Shield
Sealant Cleaner
Rental Car Assistance
$349
The Extra Mile Option Package A
Custom Tape Stripe
Passenger Arm Rest
First Aid Kit
All Weather Floor Mat Set (5 Pc)
Drop Hitch W/ Wire Harness And Ball Mount
Roof Rack
Wheel Locks
Spare Tire Cover
All Weather Floor Mats
Rear Cargo Mat
Road Hazard Tire Warranty
(3 Yrs/36,000 Miles)
Roadside Assistance (3 Yrs/36,000 Miles)
The Extra Mile Service Rewards Program
(5 Yrs/60,000 Miles)
$1,677

·
Registered
393 Posts
Disregard the above about the options. I wasn't looking in the proper section on their website. That Black Diamond seems to be loaded up pretty good, but I would still itemize the invoice prices on all of it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i just got my 08 about a month ago. it has the convenience package and upgrade package #2. the msrp was 31.500. i got it for 27,500, and then with the taxes and fees it came to 28990. shoot for around there. thats about the best ive seen around my area (Philly, PA).

·
Registered
613 Posts
The items I put in bold are things that I would flat out refuse to pay extra for. They are junk fees for things that are basically worthless, and are only there for profit padding by a sleazy dealer:

50 State Emissions $0
Permavin/Glass Etch And Limited Warranty $199
Molded Dash Applique $389
Xm Satellite Radio Receiver Kit
Includes:
6 Months Complimentary Xm Service
$449
$449 and they have the nerve to say some part of it is "complimentary"?!
Convenience Package: Remote Keyless
Entry
Cruise Control
Power Outside Mirror With Image Light
Rear Parking Sonar
Privacy Glass
Rear Wiper
Daytime Running Lights
$1,840
Upgrade Package #1: A-Trac, Rear
Rear
Differential Lock
Multi-Info Display (Dash Mounted/Exterior Temperature Gauge
Compass
Inclinometer)
P265/70r 17" Alloy Wheels
2-1 Audio 6-Disc Changer
D-Pillar Speakers
400w Inverter
(No Subwoofer)
Leather Steering Wheel W/Audio Controls/Cruise Control Function
Silver Tone Shift Lever
Color-Keyed (Exterior Color) Interior Door Trim Inserts
$2,560
Vehicle Shield Package
Lusterizing Sealant
Sound Shield
Sealant Cleaner
Rental Car Assistance
$349

The Extra Mile Option Package A
Custom Tape Stripe
Passenger Arm Rest
First Aid Kit
All Weather Floor Mat Set (5 Pc)
Drop Hitch W/ Wire Harness And Ball Mount
Roof Rack
Wheel Locks
Spare Tire Cover
All Weather Floor Mats
Rear Cargo Mat
Road Hazard Tire Warranty
(3 Yrs/36,000 Miles)

Roadside Assistance (3 Yrs/36,000 Miles)
The Extra Mile Service Rewards Program
(5 Yrs/60,000 Miles)
$1,677

·
Registered
834 Posts
Ive also noticed that some dealers are not selling there fjs so you might want to try and go to a dealer with alot of them you could probably get a better deal at the dealers with 10 of them instead of a couple. My dealer cant seem to sell them they still have a tt edition on there lot and its been sitting there since feb.

·
Registered
130 Posts
For a good comparison of prices check out carmax.com

Search for new FJCs out of Laurel, MD and you should see 10+ FJCers listed with no haggle pricing much below MSRP.

I got my FJC this way and got it for $1000+ below *invoice*.

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts
I started on the internet by emailing dealers through their websites. Three out of four would do dealer invoice back in October. A stripped 2008 4x4 with locker was around $24K and mine was loaded pretty well for around $28K.

·
Registered
393 Posts
bump

Hey Reason123,

Did you get your FJ yet? If so, what did you pay for it? I thought we would have heard back from you by now.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know someone at toyota corporate and purchased my '08 FJ AT 4x4 at the end of Jan. '08, paid $25,000. It had everything in it + the TRD supercharger (only two things not on my list where the sliders and BFG TA KO tires), sticker was just under $35,000.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts