Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
A group if us are hitting Hidden Falls (Marble Falls, TX) that weekend. We'll have camp set up at AREA 51 as usual. Its a great group of people and an amazing park to wheel and camp at.

All are invited for some wheeling, camping, and fun:)
There'll be some empty seats open if you are needing to ride with someone. It's a good family environment and kids always have a blast! Come join us!:cheers:

·
Registered
172 Posts
Ill try to make it pending the rapture on the 21st LOL! What time are you all heading there? And did anyone try "Test Tube" during the WFTW event?

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'll be out Thursday at the latest. Trying to remember which trail test tube was... We ran just about everything (and then some)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Yep we hit test tube, It is the little trail that goes up right after we normally drop down and pull up the creek ledge that you take at the tippy angle then we normally stop right there in the creek, shoot the bull before hitting test tube.

Anyway it was not to bad and everyone went up it without issue

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
Probably not going to make this one, that should be the first weekend we can move into our new house.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Same here. May camp Friday night and leave early evening Saturday, but most likely it'll be a Saturday day trip. As for the empty seats, I might have some company. I like exposing friends/family to the camaraderie/fun that it is wheeling with you guys.

·
Registered
2,927 Posts
Hopefully I'll be able to make it. Need to test out my new ICON suspension :rocker:

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've never been to this place..in fact I havent yet taken my FJ offroad :mecry::mecry:I know I know...LOL this a good place for a first timer?? I would love to come out at least for the day...let me know what you guys think..

Thanks

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
This is a good group of people. Come on out. If I make it out, it will be my third time with them. Lots of experience there. They don't go out to tear up their rigs... however, a "1's and 2's" outing can turn into "3's and 4's" unexpectedly. Even then, I only touched bottom once, and a light touch at that.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Amen, Zeus. Great group of people! Jason, our guide, knows that place inside and out. The rest of us are getting pretty familiar with it as well. We will gladly let you know when a trail is too risky for a stock rig and offer you a seat with someone else. We are all out to have a good time:) There is a wealth of information, as well, regarding upgrades you may want to get for future trips.

We love having newbies out!! Don't feel like you'll be imposing. All are encouraged to come and have the time of your lives:cheers:

·
Registered
1,780 Posts
I've never been to this place..in fact I havent yet taken my FJ offroad :mecry::mecry:I know I know...LOL this a good place for a first timer?? I would love to come out at least for the day...let me know what you guys think..

Thanks

If you are the paranoid type (like me) get with Digger of Outrider and get you some front link armor. Cheap insurance and the only place I touched bottom... and that was in freakin' Carnage Canyon.

·
Registered
172 Posts

Thanks
It's a good place for a stock FJ. My first time there I had highway tires and no lift. I didn't break anything. I wheeled for about 3 hours. I would recommend at a minimum to have rear lockers and A-TRAC with hack. There will be plenty of experienced peeps there so you should be good to go! Trust me, even stock the FJ is extremely capable offroad. It will surprise you!

Sent from my DROIDX using AutoGuide App

1 - 20 of 104 Posts