Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes... Let's get it on! That weekend is Wheelers for the Wounded at Hidden Falls. It'll be a great weekend for wheeling and camping. If you don't have anything better to do, come on out:cheers:

·
Registered
862 Posts
Yes... Let's get it on! That weekend is Wheelers for the Wounded at Hidden Falls. It'll be a great weekend for wheeling and camping. If you don't have anything better to do, come on out:cheers:
It's $75.00 for Fri-Sun of primitive camping and 3 meals (all on Sat) and all the wheeling you can do. Click the link below and Pre-Register You can Register/pay at the gate. From the HFAP Website: "Drivers will pay a fee of $75.00 at the park and includes up to three passengers, wheeling Friday - Sunday as well as two nights of primitive camping. Those who show up at the gate on the day of the event who wish to be involved
still pay $75.00. There is no discount for staying one day or less than 3 days for the event however you can still just
wheel but you will not be allowed to particpate in WFTW. Fee also includes three meals and entertaiment on
Saturday."

So if my Infantry math is correct that's $25.00 a day for wheeling and camping....not too shabby.

As of Mar 24th they only had 5/12 Trail Leaders, so if you know Hidden Falls trails well sign up as a Trail leader.

Wheelers for the Wounded - San Antonio Chapter or contact Delta Vaughn at [email protected]

This year is a Tropical Theme, so bring your Hawaiian Shirt and let's wheel....

·
Registered
661 Posts
95% chance I will be there. I haven't missed this event yet its a great time all should come!

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'm in with the Wife and Boy. I can't lead, but I'm sure I can follow someone...

What do I need to do? (First time there...)

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Combatbevo, thanks for the info. I was a little worried when I saw there wasn't a thread up for this yet. It's a great cause that we can all do our part for. As for the tropical theme, I'll bring my coconut bra:lol:

·
Registered
2,766 Posts
I have it on my radar again this year. Last year was a great time. Hopefully digger brings a bigger tent this year. Watching him uncurl out of the pup tent last year was distrubing.

·
Premium Member
2,733 Posts
I'm out. I will be doing a BBQ cookoff. Translation = drinking losts of beer and eating BBQ. Sad part is I should have my new tires and wheels mounted by then.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I have it on my radar again this year. Last year was a great time. Hopefully digger brings a bigger tent this year. Watching him uncurl out of the pup tent last year was distrubing.
I was at Walmart either yesterday or the day before and snapped this picture. Yup. It's a digger tent. 6'x5' and only 3' tall, which, due to the taper of the tent, gives you a much smaller sleeping space. It gave me a little chuckle when I saw it.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Zeus, you better come!
Lee, digger's rocking an RTT now. So if he stumbles out of anything there will be a loud thud and several select words to follow

·
Registered
671 Posts
Sucks I have to go back to Alabama and will miss this one. I've been trying to make this event since they started it and I am always out of town for freakin work. Hope to get out there when I get a chance

·
Registered
862 Posts
Just received an update from Delta Vaughn with the schedule of events and Trail Leaders Responsibilities. I'll be leaving Temple around 10:00 a.m. on the 6th, that should put me in camp around noon, and on the first run of the day on Fri around 3 or so depending on inebriation level :cheers:

View attachment Trails.pdf

·
Registered
244 Posts
Taken from the Trails.pdf

All Drivers MUST BE off the Trails and back at Camp A by 6:00pm �� NO LATER
ALL Brooks passengers MUST BE off the Trails and back to CAMP A by 5:00pm NO LATER ��
Runners will be available to carry passengers back to Camp A if needed.
No night wheeling for those attendee's I guess.

The Pandora Tribe has a killer time night wheeling!

Lane I assume we will still be set up at Area 51 as usual?

1 - 20 of 213 Posts