Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started out with an extra air compressor that we had laying around the house. Granted, nothing can ever be easy so it was an AC current compressor. I'm routing an inverter into the car strictly for the compressor within the next few days. I realized it also wouldnt be east because of the huge plastic piece of junk it was mounted in. So I pulled the back off to see if that would do anything. Of course it didnt.

so I pulled my panels off in the back

next i pulled the actual compressor parts out of the casing that it was in

after i pulled it apart i took my 4" grinder and ground down the plastic casing it was in.(I had to grind a few small pieces off after this to get it to fit just right)

after that i bent a small piece of metal backwards to get the compressor to be more secure once it is in. I just reached in the bottom hole with a pair of pliers and bent it backward slightly.

next i took a small piece of metal plate that I had used to learn to weld on and ground it down to fit in the back part behind that bend since it was partially open in there.

after that i taped my compressor to the plastic backing that i had ground down (redneck. I know.) :bigthumb: (and somehwere during this process i extended the wires connected to the switch that was already on it)

after i taped it all together I placed it in the top opening small end first

next i drilled a small hole in the sheet metal to accommodate a zip tie at the top

after that i cut a hole in the top opening for my switch

I installed the switch and ran the wire forward anticipating the inverter that is going to be installed after i put my dual battery setup in. I ran the compressor hose forward to the stock inverter placement point and rolled it up.

I put all of the panels back on and it looks like its not even there!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Nice job, thanks for sharing.

·
Premium Member
120 Posts
That would be a cool spot for some company to put like a fitted gun safe or something.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts