Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was wondering if there where any fit issue with your high clearnace exhaust and the rear skid plate that new Trail Team Editions comes with ?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Was wondering if there where any fit issue with your high clearnace exhaust and the rear skid plate that new Trail Team Editions comes with ?
We are checking into it right now. We will post the info as soon as we are sure. Thanks for the interest.

JonB

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Sorry for the delay, from what I can find the skid will interfere with the tailpipe if uncut. While we have not had a TT edition to verify this I'd be happy to sell one to you with the understanding that if it did not fit it could be returned if not altered or damaged for a full refund. The worst case scenario you'd be out a little time test fitting it if it didnt work. Let me know if you'd like to be our test subject via a PM or call at the shop.

Terry
All Pro

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Terry you guys are great.
I have your exhaust on my shopping list.
I DO NOT own a TT edition, I am/was considering getting the TT skid set-up.
I just wanted to bring the subject up incase I do get the skid AND for TT owner to have the heads up.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Between the skid and the exhaust, IF only one would work, I'd take the exhaust. One of the Sedonafest participants partially smashed his this past weekend, nowhere near as flat as others I'd seen at the Toyota event in Vegas at SEMA 2006 when they were letting everyone drive them on the obstacle course, and he reported he couldnt go faster than 60mph on the way back to camp. If you want to make it work I'd be happy to work with you on it so we will know exactly what is required to fit it correctly.
If anyone else in the SoCal area has a TT model, and want to bring the truck in, we'd be happy to take a closer look & see if the adaptation is easy enough & install it for you.

Terry
All Pro

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am afraid of smashing mine, thats why I carry a hacksaw in my tool bag.
And your exhaust is on my list.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts