Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a while ago I had installed a URD stage 3 clutch kit w/ upgraded release bearing an ARP pressure plate bolts on my FJ, and stupid me didnt put any loctite on my pressure plate bolts. Well a little while ago the pressure plate bolts backed off and so did my plate. The clutch had a bad connection point (right off the floor) and sometimes couldnt get in and out of gear. Just last weekend I pulled the trans and applied loctite and retorqued the plate. I checked for any cracking on the plate, checked for worn fingers and worn clutch, it all looked good. There was a small amount of hot spotting on the plate, but no grooves or scratches on the plate or flywheel(which was machined prior to the first install). After putting it all back together my clutch pedal finally had a good grab again, but now its grabbing very high, nearly at the top. A friend said it could be a hydraulic issue since I let the rubber hose for the clutch lines dangle while I was working, or maybe a slave cylinder. I tried to adjust the master cylinder to recenter the grab point, and it would work once. I'd do an adjust, get going with a good connection point then my shift into second gear it would be back to a high connection point.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. Also does anyone know the point of the accumulator right before the slave cylinder? Its on the 5 speed Toyotas too, I always wondered why its there.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts