Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey norcal FJ's. I am looking to put together a run to High Lakes. From searching the forum I haven't seen too much written about it. I have not participated with any of the Norcal folk yet , so I thought this would be a good start. It you are unfamiliar with this trail check out
HTML:
4x4trailhunters.com
. There are great video and a map. Over all there sounds like a range of technical runs. Morse or Morris lake apparently claims a few rigs routinely. Plus great little lake to fish if your interested. Anyway I have a buddy up here with a tundra so that makes two on the trial. Through out some dates , I have an odd work schedule but we can make something work. I was thinking maybe one of the few two weekend in june. Hope to see a few of your there!! Sean

·
Registered
3,329 Posts
I might join you for a day run in/out, but it depends on when you plan to go.

Here is another site that you can checkout for good information on the area.

Friends of The High Lakes - Portal

Do you know if the trails are open? They were closed last year and I do not know the current status. I read about some damage that recently occurred to the bridge leading into the trail and I don't know if that would prevent anyone for accessing the trail.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Well, set it up, plan for a date and location to meet and I'll see about going with you guys depending on the when.
Ditto. I'm starting to come out of hibernation.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Hey Esty, there is one at Eagle Lake schedule for this weekend, see the Memorial weekend thread... joining? I'll be there.
Unfortunetly i couldn't make it....the wife had a wedding we "had" to go to! I'm thinking Gold Lakes sometime soon...maybe around juneish..

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
I might join you for a day run in/out, but it depends on when you plan to go.

Here is another site that you can checkout for good information on the area.

Friends of The High Lakes

Do you know if the trails are open? They were closed last year and I do not know the current status. I read about some damage that recently occurred to the bridge leading into the trail and I don't know if that would prevent anyone for accessing the trail.
Did anyone look into this? Going off the trail and around a bridge (however that works out for you) is not an option.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Did anyone look into this? Going off the trail and around a bridge (however that works out for you) is not an option.
Yeah, I'm having second thoughts about going I spoek with some local whellers and they say it is really rough at points as well. I am running stock am i guess a lift etcc is the way you need to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts